The Very Sad SummerOf 1996

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Postby haiiiner » Tue May 17, 2011 6:12 am

Hi folks!

A jazzy bluesy something with slide guitar and harp I just finished:

I am thankful for comments on any aspect of the song that might catch your ear in a positive or negative way.

For the first time I checked this mix with the TT DR Meter to secure a reasonable dynamic range of the song - see Screenshot.

The TT DR Meter is a tiny, but great freeware tool by Friedemann Tischmeyer which not only shows the dynamic range of song (or whole cd) but also keeps you from having O db-chains in the final mx (which often come out as overs when transfomed back from digital to analog audio signal).

I can really recommend that.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3714.html

Regards,
Heiner
haiiiner
Regular

Re: The Very Sad SummerOf 1996

Postby haiiiner » Tue May 17, 2011 3:33 pm

haiiiner
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue May 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Pretty cool Heiner! BTW, welcome to the forum.
I loved the beginning of the tune, mostly due to the low register playing of the harp, and the good tone & vibrato. I also liked the unusual timbre in the choice of the drum heads. However, I thought the tune lost flow transitioning to the slide.
On the other hand, I liked the melodic single note playing of the slide. Overall, very nicely done. Thanks for laying that out there. (BTW, I'm a harper/keyboarder with about 45 years of experience under my belt.)
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby haiiiner » Wed May 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks a lot for Your interest, feedback and warm welcome, Jeff! It is good to hear that you like some aspects of the song!

Regards,
Heiner
haiiiner
Regular

Return to Blues Harp