KLD Amps

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

KLD Amps

Postby TheDude » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 am

Never heard of these little buggers before, but it seems it's a Chinese company (where else? :wink: ) who produce some amps for Peavey.

http://www.kldguitar.com

I found them because a Dutch online shop had some in stock. Selling for 160 EUR for a single channel all-tube 20W with a 10" speaker. And 225 EUR for an all-tube 30W with a 12", two channels and more features. The GT-20 looks kinda like the Peavey Classic 20.

Sure grabbed my attention. And I reckon I'm gonna grab me one of those 20W amps next week. See what gives! My wife's gonna love me for this. NOT!!! :mrgreen:

Update: contacted the company in China. The guys told me the amps are indeed based on the Classic 20 and Classic 30, but with an improved design with a better clean and no feedback/hum supposedly.
TheDude
Regular

Re: KLD Amps

Postby rockonpapa » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:58 am

I have only seen them on e-bay.
There have been listing for them for the past several weeks. I would be interested also if anyone has experience with them. They look interesting.

Enjoy Life...Play More!
Ken A.
rockonpapa
Regular

Postby slickcat » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:20 pm

This model uses a single EL-34 (not 84 which tend to rattle) and two 12ax7 pre-amp tubes....that little beast has got to sound good...I'd love to hear it! :D
http://www.kldguitar.com/GT15A.htm
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jaybee » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:54 am

TheDude wrote:Never heard of these little buggers before, but it seems it's a Chinese company (where else? :wink: ) who produce some amps for Peavey.

http://www.kldguitar.com

I found them because a Dutch online shop had some in stock. Selling for 160 EUR for a single channel all-tube 20W with a 10" speaker. And 225 EUR for an all-tube 30W with a 12", two channels and more features. The GT-20 looks kinda like the Peavey Classic 20.

Sure grabbed my attention. And I reckon I'm gonna grab me one of those 20W amps next week. See what gives! My wife's gonna love me for this. NOT!!! :mrgreen:

Update: contacted the company in China. The guys told me the amps are indeed based on the Classic 20 and Classic 30, but with an improved design with a better clean and no feedback/hum supposedly.

hey TheDude, did you ever get one of those KLD amps? If so, how does it sound?
I'd really appreciate comments from you, or anyone else who owns / owned one!

thx,

jAy
jaybee
Regular

Postby TheDude » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:19 pm

No, they were on sale at Tonefactory.nl but it got snapped up before I could buy it. The last one they had, was B-stock with a broken boost knob.

Now I don't see them anywhere. I visit the site regularly though, so I'll keep my eyes open if they get more stock.
TheDude
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Let us know if you get one. I'm interested to know what kind of quality they are.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby geoff8 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Product looks good but... I bought Uranus amp and gt15 amp paid close to $500. Within hours both quit working correctly one the OPT died the other the volume oscillates.Both are useless . No guarantee or service center in US. KLD after 3 months has done nothing to fix issue. I ask for parts to have a tech here fix ( at my cost!) No parts, run around and even told I was being dishonest I guess that means I lie??? DO NOT BUY you will be sorry. Cheap components, switches tube sockets board etc. JUNK, and nothing YOU can do about it. Don't make my mistake there are plenty of good amps here in USA. Never again! KLD SUCKS!
geoff8
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues