Home Made Porch Board, Opinions Needed

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Home Made Porch Board, Opinions Needed

Postby Bant's Bluz » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:53 am

Well, I've got all the cracks glued up and the metal work in as good a shape as it's gonna be. Now for the BIG Question: Would it be wise to put some kind of padding in the old receptacles for the coke bottles to give it a deeper thump? If the answer is yes, I'm open to padding suggestions.
Last edited by Bant's Bluz on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby s1120 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Bant's Bluz wrote:Well, I've got all the cracks glued up and the metal work in as good a shape as it's gonna be. Now for the BIG Question: Would it be wise to put some kind of padding in the old receptacles for the cock bottles to give it a deeper thump? If the answer is yes, I'm open to padding suggestions.

Where is the mic/pickup located? As for padding... I would try it without, and see how it sounds.. you can add padding later if you think/want to try it.
s1120
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:10 pm

I haven't located the mic yet. I was thinking about running it through one of the end openings and move it in about two rows, rather than putting it right in the middle. Again since I don't know my ass from my elbow on this, I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby s1120 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:19 pm

LOL!!!! Hey Im with you. :D

I saw some people using a speaker as a mic... I might give that a shot.
s1120
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:54 pm

It works, I've done it, and they don't even need to be expensive. There's bound to be a US equivalent of Poundland, here they sell crappy little stereo speakers £1 a pair. Energy in = current out.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby s1120 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:15 am

maxx england wrote:It works, I've done it, and they don't even need to be expensive. There's bound to be a US equivalent of Poundland, here they sell crappy little stereo speakers £1 a pair. Energy in = current out.

Oh with 800 broken kids toys around, and everyone has SOME kinda speeker in it.... I can find something Im sure!!
s1120
Regular

Postby JLHooker » Sun May 01, 2011 8:22 pm

If you want to see some guys that know what to do with a stomp box, check this out on you tube.These two are from France and appeared at the Bob Sykes BBQ and Blues Festival in Bessemer Al yesterday.We couldn't understand their lyrics but they stole the show.They called themselvesBlackeberry and Mr BooHoo
Hooker
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=vOFYKAyjEsU
JLHooker
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon May 02, 2011 10:55 am

JL, the link you posted apparently isn't correct.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby JLHooker » Mon May 02, 2011 12:08 pm

I made a mistake in posting the youtube link showing the French guys working out on their stomp boxes.I'll try it again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFYKAyjEsU
Hooker
JLHooker
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks for the link JL, I only wish I could get my legs to move like that. Been thrown off too many horses and bulls plus other little life incidents that are catching up with me. Those Guys do make a man want to get his feets a dancing!!!!
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby texas blues » Thu May 12, 2011 2:16 am

JLHooker wrote:I made a mistake in posting the youtube link showing the French guys working out on their stomp boxes.I'll try it again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFYKAyjEsU
Hooker

Where the hell did those cats come from? I'm guessin' they opened for Bo Diddley's 2000 World Tour of Mars. Where ever they're from..kick ass!
texas blues
Regular

Postby JLHooker » Thu May 12, 2011 12:45 pm

BlackBerry and Mr Boohoo are from France.They can sing some in English but they speak very little.They have been playing in a local blues club,(Gyp's Place) in Bessemer Al for a few weeks.The beat that they put down with their stomp boxes is amazin'.
Hooker
JLHooker
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Wed May 18, 2011 1:09 am

Just an update on my porch board project. Got everything hooked up and apparently the computer mic just didn't have the power to get the job done. I'm heading to Radio Shack tomorrow and see if I can come up with a mic that will work. I'm taking the Frontman with me just to be sure. Sometimes it sucks to be me.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues