Jason Ricci

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby bottleneck » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 am

just for the record,it wasn't jelly roll who brought this post back up,it was me.i actually thought i had something interesting to add about churches and what not.

cincinatti slim is right ,we are beating a dead horse,but dude..........

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:01 pm

bottleneck wrote:just for the record,it wasn't jelly roll who brought this post back up,it was me.i actually thought i had something interesting to add about churches and what not.

cincinatti slim is right ,we are beating a dead horse,but dude..........

http://www.myspace.com/shakeylyman

This has been a dead ass horse for awhile. so why not just STFU?
Ozark Bluesman

Postby blueharp1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Ozark Bluesman is obviously coming from a place of deep fears and inbred prejudices. This is often the product of a cloistered upbringing, devoid of outside influences. A cult. In early childhood we may believe what we hear around us without, take on whatever narrow or habitual beliefs and rituals have been presented in our limited surroundings. Because it's all we've known. It's not always their fault. This brainwashing, cult behaviour, strange rigid belief systems and rituals, accepted without question are insidious, and tough to break. One's programmed beliefs can cause him to criticize, denigrate and dismiss the beliefs of others, most often out of fears that he/she may have a curious interest in the same behviours he condemns. Weird!
He may take to the use of occult symbology, such as crosses, fish, etc., for some imagined "protection" from these outside influences and "scary" thoughts and tendencies. And stay within his coven of worshippers of similar beliefs and superstitions. He may express his fear of the unknown & seek affirmation by citing quotations from magic books with black covers, or read stories of goat and human sacrifices on altars or crosses, or even beings who've "come back from the dead," and make of them martyrs and/or "false gods." Eventually most of us lay down our conditioning, open our eyes, and are "born again" as it were, with new eyes to see more clearly, grow up, develop some awareness, education, and faculties of reason. With this wider perspective, we hopefully begin to understand the qualities and virtues of treating others as we'd like to be treated, live out of love instead of fear and judgement, and to love and repect others, as many spiritual leaders have urged through the ages.
Eventually even Ozark Bluesman may do the same.
Bless you, O.B., despite your deep abiding terror of it, you may not be as gay as you fear. But even if you are, we will accept and respect you anyway. God knows you can't help it.
blueharp1
Regular

Postby blueharp1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Ozark Bluesman wrote:Don't try to justify a pentagram on the web page of a gay satan worshipper.
A pentagram is an occultic satanic symbol. End of story. No further discussion required on this topic.

ACTUALLY, a SYMBOL is only what YOU choose for it to be. That's why it's called a "symbol."
You see a geometric shape, whether it be a circle, triangle, square, pentagon, star, or cross, and YOU decide to make it "mean" or represent whatever "good", "evil" or nondescript thoughts you harbor within your OWN mind.
Yikes!
blueharp1
Regular

Postby blueharp1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:27 pm

OZARK BLUESMAN, are you SERIOUSLY scared of a pen and ink DRAWING????
Or anyone different in appearance and/or beliefs other than you own?

Need you be reminded you that a "holy" book called the Bible is rife with Ritual Blood Sacrifice, involving both animals and humans????
Are you aware that a creature called "The Devil" is a purely Christian concept?
I saw a cross....2 sticks in the rough shape of a human, a SYMBOL of DEATH (ooooooooh....).... in front of a church last Sunday. Didn't bother me.

Eeeeek!

Get over yourself. More importantly, get over your fearful perception of all that is "other" or "outside" of yourself.
The world and nearly ALL of its belief systems, religions, spiritual disciplines, and "holy" symbols is far older, wider, and ultimately wiser than a mere 2000 years plus change.
Try for a moment to not be spooked by your own shadow.
blueharp1
Regular

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:41 pm

blueharp1 wrote: He may take to the use of occult symbology, such as crosses, fish, etc., for some imagined "protection" from these outside influences and "scary" thoughts and tendencies.

This is probably the most ludicrous part of your post.

You can't "shame" me into accepting a gay satan worshipper, no matter how you try and twist the facts.
If you choose to accept this, THAT'S FINE...I COULDN'T GIVE LESS THAN TWO SHITS!
This topic had been beating a dead horse, now it's come to beating a maggot infested rotting festering mule carcass. But hey, if you choose to beat it some more, be my fucking guest.
Political Correctness on a blues forum? Now that's funny.
Ozark Bluesman

I need to visit the harp forum more. You guys are nuts.

Postby rustyslide » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Ozark Bluesman wrote:He has a pentagram on his web page which is an occultic symbol. THAT'S ENOUGH for me.

Hey look! Now we have one here:

This forum isn't politically correct, but it 100% supports satanic gay blues performers who are only actually satanic in the head of some asshole on the internet.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Canada, Australia, etc. I guess it makes sense that all the perverts who support gay satan worshipping blues harp wannabes come from fucked up countries. I guess you can't find a gay satan worshipping forum to post on?
Please keep beating this dead bloated carcass, it shows how intelligent you really are.
Ozark Bluesman

Postby rustyslide » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Ozark Bluesman wrote:I guess you can't find a gay satan worshipping forum to post on?

Already got one.

I regret to inform everyone that Ozark has decided to not post anymore. Maybe I decided for him.

I get confused.

Ozark Bluesman wrote:it shows how intelligent you really are.

Quoted for truth. It's a shame that I can't attach your real name to your posts for posterity.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby maxx england » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:49 pm

The opposition to homosexuality comes from rules instituted thousands of years ago by the ancestors of the loonies who are blowing each other up in the Middle East.

Are you telling us you look down on them at the same time as look up to them?

You, Ozark, are seriously crossthreaded.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Don't see what all the fuss is about. It's only an old religious symbol, and the only reason Christian organisations don't like it is because it lets people know they're not the only way to talk to the weather. Look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:08 pm

And try this for size:

http://www.paganspath.com/magik/pentacle1.htm

You will note that I have refrained from accusing you, Ozark, of being a one eyed six fingered goat molesting inbred. It possibly isn't even true.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby The Saint » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:41 pm

LOCK THIS POST IT IS HAS OUTLIVED THE VALUE OF THE SPACE IT OCCUPIES.

I hope I have said that in a manner the masks my true feelings, that this is bullcrap!
The Saint
Regular

Postby Bill Carson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 pm

This thread almost makes me think a couple of you fellas might be a little light in loafers yourselves. :wha:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. People probably shouldn't express an opinion in certain company, huh?
Bill Carson
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:07 pm

y'know guys, this may not be popular but i have to defend OB to some extent here. in recent years he has been a good contributor to topics i have posted about harp playing and models etc on various forums. he even pre paid to attend a seminar here and when he cancelled made sure that his fee would still go to the teacher i had booked in.
i don't agree with the religious fervor that was exhibited in this thread. any form of extremism is unsavory. usually it leads to animosity and all the way to full fledged wars if it's on a high enough level of government. but lampooning someone's belief system is no way to promote harmony either. perhaps the subject could have been dropped and one member allowed his opinions and we would maybe still see posts on topic- harp and music- that this joint was intended to reflect.
part of me was amused at how far this went. very witty repartee! i didn't chime in really out of respect and a desire not to fan the obvious flames. part of me was dismayed to see the direction it took, both by OB and those who responded to his missives.
personally i don't care what planet you hail from, and i hope you never follow me home lest you run screaming when you see where i reside. Jason is his own person as is OB, and all of us here. i'd like to think we are bigger people and more evolved than what i saw here.
i come in here to see what's new in harp tech, peoples' technique, who's playing what and where, what's new with amps and mics, etc etc. and to see if anyone can benefit from some of my experience. i don't expect us to all agree all of the time, but i would hope for some forbearance when someone next shows their narrow views in our midst. we can let extremity pass without even acknowledging it and it will fade, leaving the forum intact, and maybe keeping a member who has more to offer on the list of members.

just my 2 centavos. i bear no ill will to anyone here or recently absent.
jbone1
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Blues Harp