Jason Ricci

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby bottleneck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:45 am

pssssst,i believe he doesn't want to discuss it,haha

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: PHILADELPHIA

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby dcblues » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:58 pm

I just listened to one of Jason's cds backwards. I'm pretty sure I heard, "Satan commands you to listen to Lady Gaga, Satan commmands you to listen to Justin Bieber..."
User avatar
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby bottleneck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:29 pm

UH OH! time for a cd burning.who's got marshmallows ?

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: PHILADELPHIA

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby The Saint » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 am

Word is that Jason Ricci played a couple of hot numbers at Big Al's Wednesday night jam out on Jefferson Hwy last night. He was joined by New Orleans guitarist Tony Sinopoli several times including the close out set.
User avatar
The Saint
Regular
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby bottleneck » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:44 pm

i realize the mature and gentlemanly thing to do is to let the pentagram subject drop,but i have what i believe to be an interesting side story.

even though i'm agnostic,like many blues musicians i study gospel music fairly often.i did a listening tour of chicago area baptist and AME churches that was very revealing to me.

i often listen to gospel outside, or ,with permission,in the vestibule of primarily african american churches.some good tunes!i also sometimes perform traditional gospel for church youth groups.a lot of kids find a solo blues rendition of gospel music to be interesting,some have never heard that before.they're not listening to son house or blind willie johnson,haha

ANYWAY,several of the churches i went to yesterday had HUGE PENTAGRAMS and decagrams on their fronts .three were baptist and one was AME.in the case of one baptist church the pentagram was the framing for the stained glass front piece.it was a good sixty feet tall.that church is on north broad street in philadelphia where we have a very rich gospel tradition.

anyway,i thought that was interesting in light of this thread.i probably wouldn't even have noticed the pentagrams and decagrams otherwise.
bottleneck
Regular
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: PHILADELPHIA

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Don't try to justify a pentagram on the web page of a gay satan worshipper.
A pentagram is an occultic satanic symbol. End of story. No further discussion required on this topic.
Ozark Bluesman
 

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby Cincinnati Slim » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:18 am

Image
User avatar
Cincinnati Slim
Regular
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm
Location: Le Dauphiné

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby dcblues » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 am

I guess I better throw away my Robert Johnson cds since he sang about meeting the devil. Also Skip James, since he'd rather be the devil than be that woman's man.
User avatar
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 pm

dcblues wrote:I guess I better throw away my Robert Johnson cds since he sang about meeting the devil. Also Skip James, since he'd rather be the devil than be that woman's man.

If you believe that RJ story, I have some ocean front property in arkansas to sell you.
If you dig gay satan worshippers, go for it bubba. end of story.
Ozark Bluesman
 

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby jellyroll baker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I can dig that may not like Satanism (not that he's a Satanist anyways but whatever) but what's the problem with him being gay?
User avatar
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 pm

jellyroll baker wrote:I can dig that may not like Satanism (not that he's a Satanist anyways but whatever) but what's the problem with him being gay?

Whatever man. If you approve of satan worship and homosexuality, that's your call. Personally, I disapprove. That's my choice.
Maybe you should hook up with Ricci, you might take him out on a date.
Ozark Bluesman
 

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby jellyroll baker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:12 pm

^^ WTF? Just 'cause I'm cool will someone being gay doesn't mean I swing that way myself. Jesus man, over half your posts on this forum are in this thread pretty much saying the same thing over and over.

Jason's a damn good player. One of the best around today and he could very well turn out to be one of the all-time greats. What he does in his personal life is his own business. He's spirituality is left of centre but sure as heck isn't Satanism. He swings a different way to you and me but that doesn't change his music and, besides, it's the 21st goddam century. I thought we got over that stuff years ago.
User avatar
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:28 pm

jellyroll baker wrote:^^ WTF? Just 'cause I'm cool will someone being gay doesn't mean I swing that way myself. Jesus man, over half your posts on this forum are in this thread pretty much saying the same thing over and over.
Jason's a damn good player. One of the best around today and he could very well turn out to be one of the all-time greats. What he does in his personal life is his own business. He's spirituality is left of centre but sure as heck isn't Satanism. He swings a different way to you and me but that doesn't change his music and, besides, it's the 21st goddam century. I thought we got over that stuff years ago.

For the record, you're the one who fired up this thread again after it had died down.
You're entitled to believe whatever you want. Just don't try to push your beliefs on me.
And don't run bullshit like "it's the 21st goddam century. I thought we got over that stuff years ago".
Homosexuality and satan worship are things I don't approve of and never will. I think maybe you need to go visit Jason. You sound like you might be sweet on him, the way you defend him.
I bet you two could be "butthole buddies". :wink:
Ozark Bluesman
 

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby jellyroll baker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 am

Ozark Bluesman wrote:I bet you two could be "butthole buddies". :wink:


For f**ks sake. You really don't get it do you?

I ain't gay but I sure as heck don't see the way someone swings as a reason for thinking anything less of them. You're not gay, I'm not gay but plenty o' people are and that's cool with me.
User avatar
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Jason Ricci

Postby Ozark Bluesman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 am

jellyroll baker wrote:
Ozark Bluesman wrote:I bet you two could be "butthole buddies". :wink:


For f**ks sake. You really don't get it do you?

I ain't gay but I sure as heck don't see the way someone swings as a reason for thinking anything less of them. You're not gay, I'm not gay but plenty o' people are and that's cool with me.

Oh I get it...I think you're in denial. And I think you'd like to blow Jason's "jelly roll".
This conversation is over.
Ozark Bluesman
 

PreviousNext

Return to Blues Harp

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests