Reverend Peyton.....

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Reverend Peyton.....

Postby howlnwoof » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:23 am

Hey, been gone a long while, but now have a question. Whattya guys think of Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band? Saw them live a couple nights ago in Bloomington, Illinois at a small venue. I'm still jumpin around. The energy and sound they create with minimal gear is unbelievable. A couple vintage guitars, a scrubboard and a pickle bucket drum kit. The Rev is an accomplished guitarist.....you can tell he studied Son House, BUkka White, John Hurt, etc. But he takes it to an almost frenzied level. 90 minute set, $8.00 ticket, left totally exhausted. And the crowd was everything from families to bikers to groups of college kids to farmer guys in seed corn company jackets. Not pure blues but man what a blast. I'd go see them again in a minute.
howlnwoof
Regular

Re: Reverend Peyton.....

Postby gaucho » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm

I've seen them live 4 or 5 times now. Fantastic show and the reverend is an excellent straight ahead delta blues player as well. If these guys ever are close (they tour relentlessly) GO SEE THEM! You won't regret it and tickets at the venue I've seen them at are 10 or 12 bucks!

Here's a primer if you've never heard of them:
gaucho
Regular

Return to Talking Blues