Used Fender Passport

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Used Fender Passport

Postby Bant's Bluz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 pm

A buddy of mine has a used, in good condition Fender Passport PA and he's asking $300 for it. Does this sound like a reasonable price?
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Re: Used Fender Passport

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 pm

I believe that this is about the going rate for these in good condition.If he,s really your bud he,d knock a little off.They are a low powered system,very transportable but limited.It depends on what your using it for.For a duo yes, but for a band ,not .Its decent for small size/lounge settings.
Judge
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:20 pm

it also depends on the model.if it is a passport 150,you can buy a new one for four hundred,so i would opt for new.however ,for a passport 300 that's a pretty good deal,for a 900 that's a great deal.

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I'm trying to get into touch with the guy to determine the exact model. Unfortunately, I'm retired and he isn't so contact is a bit cumbersome. What I do know is that the system was used for a local band, with good results according to the former bass player that played with him.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby jbone1 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:14 pm

we have a 150 model. it's a great little p.a. i think when we got ours used, we spent around $250, so $300 sounds reasonable. ours has served us well in small to medium rooms even with a drummer, bass, and associated higher volume in that situation. ours has 3 vocal mic inputs and the 4th is a 1/4" jack for say acoustic guitar. it does work well all around although we'll never let anyone use it on a stage again without me being right there to oversee it. last guy did about $100 damage to it knocking it around.
the controls are a little weird but not hard to figure out and get used to. the mains are also the only speakers so no monitors but this has not presented any real problem since we're not playing concert or large venues. 75 watts per channel is plenty for a duo or small combo. if i needed one i'd definitely spend $300!!
jbone1
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues