Basic stomp box

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Re: Basic stomp box

Postby ricochet » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:24 pm

That's all good, most especially the free part! :D
ricochet
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:34 pm

allanlummox wrote:I have one of the units Maxx has been building and it works great!

...I've heard one of Maxx's units and they're great...

..my solution was to take an old cheapie mic, slip it inside a cardboard box nicely flattened and wrap it all up in gaffa tape...

...XLR lead into the PA and bob's your uncle...
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby rossfloss » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Sorry for being ignorant on this but what are you guys even talking about? A stompbox for what? I thought stompboxes were effect pedals? Why do you put mini speakers in them?
rossfloss
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Stompbox = a robust box with some sort of sound pickup device inside used as a primitive portable amplified drum. That you stomp on.

Effects pedal? Somebody might have pirated the name, but a stompbox is what is says on the...er...box.

The rest of you be afraid, very afraid, I have 4 different sized plywood boxes ready for transformation.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jnnfranke » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:24 am

maxx england wrote:I make boxes out of things like whisky sample boxes, and my favourite mics are cheap little 2" speakers, 2 for £1 a stereo pair in ta-daaa- Poundland. Robust (have to be to deliver even their small sound) and more bass response from the behaviour of the speaker materials.

I've made same kind of speakers for my home purpose... think it better for rock and blue genre. :wha:Not silent, make noise!!!!
Jnnfranke
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:56 pm

i generally just wear heavy leather soled shoes and sTomp The *oops out of wooden stages.sometIMES THEY MIC MY FEET.i have used drum triggers attached to boards though,they can sound pretty good.

a stomp box can have an advantage though.one time i got to a show and they had carpeted the previously bare wood stage.ouch.

if i was smart i'd carry a drum triggered ply wood piece in my gigbag.about the size of the guitar body.

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Previous

Return to Equipment Blues