Pierre Lacocque

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Pierre Lacocque

Postby birddog » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:49 pm

I posted something a couple weeks ago in talking blues and got no response so maybe with a different heading and in the harpers area I'll get some a response as maybe some harpers have seen or heard Pierre. Mississippi Heat are playing here in another week or so, and frankly I don't know how I never heard of them and and thinking about going. After seeing them on the scedule and checking out some youtube and stuff seems like this guy is a great harper and the band has been around quite some time. Guess they were here in June and being Ann Arbor Peter "Madcat" Ruths hometown he does some guest appearance stuff which may be the same deal this time.
Any input would be appreciated, seems like Pierre has a little of that Magic Dick thing going on in this vid

birddog
Regular

Re: Pierre Lacocque

Postby jeffl » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Birddog, you don't really specify what type of response you're looking for. Do you want peoples' opinions of his playing, based on the vid clip?
It sounds like he's a real good player who likes to mix things up a little. Other than that, the general performance by the band seems a little disinterested and uninspired, regardless of their musical abilities. I'd definitely go see him though; he's worth listenin' to.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Pierre Lacocque

Postby bottleneck » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 pm

I'd like him better without the hat,haha

i agree with what jeffl says,exactly.

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Return to Blues Harp