Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Postby hoboblues » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:30 am

Coming from a folk tradition I decided to learn guitar (been playing a month of so, having played banjo and mountain dulcimer in the past). I finished Beginning Fingerstyle Guitar Blues and now am working on learning the songs in Stephan Grossman's books. Have a love for Big Bill and Mississippi John Hurt but I am also discovering Muddy Waters.

Trying to bring some old time blues to Lowell, MA.
hoboblues
Regular

Re: newbie

Postby ricochet » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 am

Welcome!

Mountain dulcimer's what I started out with.
ricochet
Regular

Postby stumblin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:26 am

Welcome aboard!
stumblin
Regular

Postby hoboblues » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:53 am

ricochet wrote:Welcome!

Mountain dulcimer's what I started out with.

Mt. Dulcimer really was the first thing that was able to make me understand scales and modes and what have you. Really opened up the idea of music theory to me by making it so easy even I couldn't miss it. Also taught me to learn music at a level where I can pick it out as I look at it. I am forever greatful to Jean Ritchie for that!
hoboblues
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Welcome to the pile hoboblues. It's always nice to have somebody to point to as an influence; you can talk about that for as long as you live. It was a printed harp tutorial that "turned on the lights" for me about 40 years ago, after having played for 4 or 5 years already, duh.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to A Bit About You