Mountain and West, Bruce Jr. & Laing

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

Mountain and West, Bruce Jr. & Laing

Postby thequakeblues » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Leslie West and Corky Laing played NYC last week with both trios. Great shows!!!!

Check out the review at:
http://www.ameriblues.com/2010/07/lesli ... -by-j.html

Any Mountain fans out there?

Question to the forum....Leslie West, underrated or overrated?
thequakeblues
Regular

Re: Mountain and West, Bruce Jr. & Laing

Postby goldbrick » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Being old enuff 2 see mountain the first time around they just seemed like another blues /rock band.

Never got much beyond the intro to Mississippi Queen--( great cowbell--more cowbell )

Much prefered Mike Bloomfield , Canned Heat, Blues Project , Alvin Lee etc

He played a les Paul Jr. ( which I love ) but always though Martin Barre from Tull played it nicer
goldbrick
Regular

Postby birddog » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 am

I never missed seeing Leslie West and Mountain or West, Bruce & Laing every time around.
From the first time I heard Mississippi Queen I was on board. Leslie is one guy I thought would have joined lots of other rockers in the sky with the weight he carried. Nice to see he has lost some of it as sometimes it was hard to see that LP jr.
Mostly I liked that Nantucket Sleigh Ride era, I think my favorite was that Theme From an Imaginary Western tune.
I like Jack Bruce but I think I liked them better with Felix Pappalardi playing bass, watching him sing that Theme From and Imanginary Western was great.
birddog
Regular

Postby songdog » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:55 pm

birddog wrote:I never missed seeing Leslie West and Mountain or West, Bruce & Laing every time around.
From the first time I heard Mississippi Queen I was on board. Leslie is one guy I thought would have joined lots of other rockers in the sky with the weight he carried. Nice to see he has lost some of it as sometimes it was hard to see that LP jr.
Mostly I liked that Nantucket Sleigh Ride era, I think my favorite was that Theme From an Imaginary Western tune.
I like Jack Bruce but I think I liked them better with Felix Pappalardi playing bass, watching him sing that Theme From and Imanginary Western was great.

Ditto all that! I liked Why Dontcha a lot back in those days - doesn't do much for me now.
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Talking Blues