Auuggh this guitar is killing me!!

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Auuggh this guitar is killing me!!

Postby s1120 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 am

Hey guys. Just a little background for ya. Im knocking on the door to 45 years old, and started playing about 3 years ago. Sadly I dont have a ton of time to pratice, [two young kids 4, and 8, and full time work] but I do when I can. Well latly Ive been just terrable playing!!!! Cant string three noted together without messing something up!!! :x So... going back to basics and hammering in all the begener stuff agean till I GET it this time!!!

Anyways... Love the Blues, so here I am. :D
s1120
Regular

Re: Auuggh this guitar is killing me!!

Postby jeffl » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Keep pluckin' away; it'll come. At your age, you'll be good before you know it; you might be 65 freakin' years old by then, but believe me-- it'll be before you know it. :D
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby blueswrench » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:48 am

Welcome aboard!! I just slammed the door on 45 last month and been playin' for just a few years. Keep after it cause it's cheaper than therapy!!! :lol: :lol:
blueswrench
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 am

I've been playing since '80, and I'm a couple years past 45.

Keep at it - the guitar is a constant source of inspiration and frustration.

You'll be surprised at when and how you make progress

but you have to keep at it!

Jeffl's post scares the heck out of me, but he's right on the money!
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby s1120 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:56 am

LOL very true guys!!

I had been moving along OK, but the farther I went, the more I relised that I was lacking big time in the basics!!! So back to the grunt work so to speak. Ive spend the last two week messing wiht it, and its starting to feel a little better. Dont have a ton of time, but I try to get around a hour in. Thanks!
s1120
Regular

Postby stumblin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:23 pm

s1120 wrote:LOL very true guys!!

I had been moving along OK, but the farther I went, the more I relised that I was lacking big time in the basics!!! So back to the grunt work so to speak. Ive spend the last two week messing wiht it, and its starting to feel a little better. Dont have a ton of time, but I try to get around a hour in. Thanks!

Everything in this thread is true.
Keep at it, but don't beat yourself up if you can't get a solid hour's practice, sometimes you can make some decent headway with just 20 minutes here & there.
I guess some people like a rigid practice routine and others prefer more flexibility.
The fact that you obviously want to improve is a good indicator that you will. As you improve, you might become more self-critical, so your progress might feel slow to yourself but be very obvious to others.
stumblin
Regular

Return to A Bit About You