Harp Equipment Info

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Re: Harp Equipment Info

Postby gheumann » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:36 pm

A BluesBlaster with a CM, a proper gasket AND that horrendous XLR connector and VC removed and replaced with a screw-on connector in the rear hole is even better - makes it a proper JT30. As it happens - I have one for sale for $195 if anyone is interested.
gheumann
Regular

Postby Cincinnati Slim » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:38 am

I am going to keep this thread alive a bit longer by asking another question: does anyone have any experience/opinions about Shaker mics? http://www.shakermicrophone.net/homehistory.html
Cincinnati Slim
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:33 pm

gheumann wrote:A BluesBlaster with a CM, a proper gasket AND that horrendous XLR connector and VC removed and replaced with a screw-on connector in the rear hole is even better - makes it a proper JT30. As it happens - I have one for sale for $195 if anyone is interested.
Yeah, well I have a confession to make. When I said "hard-wired".. it's actually worse than that: I had an XLR connector put on about 5" below the housing, so I've got this shiny coupling dangling below my chin when I play :lol: . It doesn't bother me at all, and I can switch it with my Blaster (but I never do). I don't use my Blaster unless my 520's got an issue. I don't like the frequency response of the stock Blaster. Like I said, because of the way the volume/gain knob works... almost like a 3-stage gain switch, you gotta mate the power output of the amp you're using to the situation you're playing in. I'm being picky though; If I had to use it all the time, I'd be just fine. I prefer the narrower freq.response of the 520.

AND SLIM, I've never played through one of those Shakers. They're not in the "Old Testament", so it ain't scriptural :lol: I'd go custom before I did that, but that's just my half-assed ignorant/uneducated opinion.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jbone1 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

a lot of years ago i bought a shaker dynamic mic. was not happy with its response but then, i wasn't versed on how to get the most out of a mic. in fact i don't think i'd even tried out a vintage tube amp at the point.

you will not go wrong working with greg on a mic. if you're like a lot of us harp guys you'll end up trying/buying a few different mics and settling into your favorites over a little time. it really takes just getting out live with a band and getting the feel of different elements and shells.
jbone1
Regular

Previous

Return to Blues Harp