doing another NBC Special -baseball theme

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

doing another NBC Special -baseball theme

Postby watertore » Sat May 29, 2010 1:52 am

Hi All: I was contacted today to do another soundtrack for an upcoming NBC special focusing around baseball. This is my third time at this. The first one was for the christmas holidays and second was about valentines day. I love doing these. I just send them what I come up with and they use it. I have said this before, but I am really proud that the recording quality of my songs are good enough to be used on network tv. Also that Spontobeat is on network tv is pretty exciting. I bet my stuff is the only totally spontaneous music on network tv. Most people say network tv is all lightweight commercial jive. Well I must be knee deep in it because I can't get a gig on a bluesfestival/club lately. Have I sold out to POP MUSIC????? Walter
here are a couple I recorded tonight

he got a wicked fastball- for nbc baseball special
home run ball-for nbc baseball special
never satified woman - not baseball related
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: doing another NBC Special -baseball theme

Postby blueswrench » Sun May 30, 2010 2:12 am

Cool stuff Walter!! I'll be listening for ya when I watch the Indians. Are they gonna use 'em the whole season??

Gary
blueswrench
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sun May 30, 2010 2:35 am

Way to go, Walter!
ricochet
Regular

Postby watertore » Sun May 30, 2010 5:43 pm

thanks guys! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:15 pm

My music will be used on an nbc special with a baseball theme Wed. night at 7pm. This is the 3rd soundtrack I have done for this series. It is called "Stories" and airs on the columbus ohio nbc affiliate. I am really moved that spontobeat is on network tv. They call me and give me the theme of the show. I record songs and send them what I want. It is probably the only spontaneously created soundtrack done on network tv. Also that my recording skills are good enough to make it on this level is very exciting. I am now totally self contained - 1 man band, control my own recordings and can do them whenever the mood hits, produce my own cds to sell of the stage.

As I am typing this note, I flashed on when Robbie Robertson wanted me to record the soundtrack for the movie " the color of money" Clapton, me, and Robbie. What a dream right? Wrong. I said no because they said I would have to rehearse the songs and there would be arrangements for my harp playing. I felt good saying no to that and this thing I got going with NBC (20 odd years later) is a cool payoff for that move.

Life is good! I will post a link to watch it on their website when it goes on there. Walter

here is how it all started. They did a segment on me and then the station manager asked if I would be the house musician for some upcoming specials.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2009/oct/22/ ... 3-vi-4421/
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Aw man, I'd watch the show just to hear the soundtrack. But I'll be teaching a class on the 12th chapter of Revelation at the church. Congratulations on the gig, Walter, that's awesome!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:50 am

Walter, have you ever looked for a gig at a stadium? I know they have bands in the hallways and lobby at the United Center in Chicago during games (basketball and Hockey).
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby watertore » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:50 am

Buffalo_Bill wrote:Walter, have you ever looked for a gig at a stadium? I know they have bands in the hallways and lobby at the United Center in Chicago during games (basketball and Hockey).
Bill

Buffalo Bill: I just saw your post. Cool idea. Thanks! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Talking Blues