Fixing Cracked Fingers

[Locked - post in relevant instrument/gig/recording section]

RE: Fixing Cracked Fingers

Postby allanlummox » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:09 pm

Or at least make sure that you play the chord right when you put the fingers down...

THAT'd be embarrasing- waiting for the paramedics, occasionally letting out these plaintive WRONG NOTES...
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:50 pm

Hey Dan- I had a manager about 25 yrs. ago who glued an 11 yr. old boy's thumb and index finger together with super glue. The kid was a smart aleck, and thought it was funny 'til he couldn't get 'em unstuck.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:59 pm

That's classic.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

In Chicago and the North Woods RE:

Postby les » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:22 pm

They say an ouch of prevention is worth a pawned off cure.
I don't know anything about like in the United Kingdom, but here in Chicago, and in what we call the North Woods about 300 miles (6 gillian kilometres) norht, we have something called GLOVES that you out on your hands when its windy and the temperature is between +40 F and -160 F.
les
Regular

Postby boz » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:23 pm

I can see BUBBA now fingers stuck to the keys with the EMS tryin to stuff that piano in the back of the ambulance.
What an image.
Maybe playin "On The Road Again"?
boz
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:03 pm

If they heard my piano playing, they'd prob'ly amputate right on the spot, just to lose the piano. If they heard my singin', they'd use the super glue on my mouth. Ba da bing, ba da bang.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby david » Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:23 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-29-04 AT 02:24 PM (EST)]I have heard stories of people getting the other opening of their digestive system super-glued shut due to their offensive behaviors. But, I'm sure those were just urbane legends.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:59 pm

Hey Dan & Mcgooey-I used regular superglue, and it wuz' perfect for the job! Stopped the "paper-cut" type of pain, lasted through the nite, and didn't impede my performance, and it wuz' really cool when I glued my buddy's glass slide to the ledge behind him - he went to reach for it, and just about broke his fingernails tryin' to pick it up on the fly. I had another one in my pocket, and flipped it to him as soon as I saw my prank worked. It was hilarious, since I had already shared my new-found knowledge of the remedy. Thanks for the suggestion.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dfduck » Sun May 23, 2004 9:44 pm

>on cow ##### after milking them.

Is teats a bad word now? It's so hard to keep up censorship.

If the cracks on your fingers are open and bleeding I would be warry using super glue. I had a friend use it to glue a tooth back in and it caused heart palpitations and hallucinations.

If you're playing hard rock then just let them blead, the audience will love it, heheh. I played my guitar 3 days straight non-stop once, laying on a couch, after being told by doctors (in their typical god complex fashion) I had a short time to live (that was almost 30 years ago). I had a house party with all my musician friends, rotating through drummers/bass/guitars/keyboards/vocals/etc. Half-way into the second day my fingers were bleading. Blood dripping off my guitar. Everyone thought it was great, and cheered me on. I didn't miss a lick.
dfduck
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Wish I'd Known This!!