Fender Super-Sonic ?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Fender Super-Sonic ?

Postby rossfloss » Fri May 07, 2010 4:26 pm

So I've been doing some reading and youtube viewing of the Fender Super-Sonic. It seems like I cannot find a single bad review on it (especially from blues players and the like). I really like the idea behind it having two distinctively different but very usable clean channels (both of which apparently sound great). But is it really true that the "burn" channel is able to conjure up as great sounding overdrive/distortion as people are claiming? I am curious and I really wish the local shops had one to play on. The youtube videos seemed pretty promising too.

Does anyone own one or has anyone played on one? If so what are your comments/criticisms on it?
Attachments
Fender Super_Sonic_112_Blonde_300.jpg
Fender Super_Sonic_112_Blonde_300.jpg (52.06 KiB) Viewed 841 times
rossfloss
Regular

Re: Fender Super-Sonic ?

Postby birddog » Fri May 07, 2010 7:14 pm

I've never played one but you might ask the guys on the vintage amp/plexi board. They have a Fender amp forum and were real helpfull over there when I got my old bassman.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Re: Fender Super-Sonic ?

Postby zhyla » Fri May 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I've played them a couple times in Guitar Center. If I was going to drop uh... what are these, $1200? If I was going to spend that kind of money on a modern amp that would probably be the one. My only real complaint is there are so many knobs that you're bound to spend more time screwing with the thing than playing your guitar.

If you've got a shop local I would just go play on it for 30 minutes. I doubt you'll be displeased with the sounds it emits.
zhyla
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Blues