You will be getting soaked if buying a Gibson

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

You will be getting soaked if buying a Gibson

Postby birddog » Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 am

Well thats nothing new, but I heard the Gibson plant got flooded.
Some words from one guy today.

I was at a Sam Ash store today and the sales rep told me that Gibson emailed them that they will be not shipping many guitars for the next 90 days due to flooding. He said that his Sam Ash store will not discount the Gibson stuff for a while and will sell at sticker prices till this gets resolved.

And
http://blogs.tennessean.com/tunein/2010 ... ll-untold/
Originally Posted by the article above
At Gibson USA on Massman Drive and Soundcheck Nashville on Cowan St., the damage is enormous. Soundcheck is the biggest enclosed rehearsal studio in the world, and it houses instruments and tour sets. There’ll be no access at waterlogged Soundcheck until at least Thursday, and Gibson was off limits as of Tuesday afternoon.

“Water did get into the factory,” said Gibson USA general manager Gary Fader. “We have not had a chance to go into the building. There will be supply disruption for some amount of time.”

Wonder if Gibson will raise prices :roll:

Wally
birddog
Regular

Re: You will be getting soaked if buying a Gibson

Postby ricochet » Thu May 06, 2010 5:33 am

Wonder if they'll mark up the Gibson acoustics they make out in Montana?
ricochet
Regular

Postby rossfloss » Thu May 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Man, it sure seems like Gibson's been having a bad year. First the illegal wood importing scandal, now this. I wonder if Gibson quality will suffer as part of a potential effort to get themselves back on track financially?
rossfloss
Regular

Postby texas blues » Thu May 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Henry put out a blurb a few days ago and says the factory didn't get hit as hard as first thought. May be down for only a few weeks for cleanup. Most of the guitars are shipped out asap so not much product was around. I'm not a fan of Henry but my heart goes out to all in Nashville and those employed by Gibson.
texas blues
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues