the internet bluesman sham

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

Postby watertore » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:41 pm

I recorded these tonight. The more time I spend on the internet,the more depressing it often is. What brings me down is a new breed arising - the internet bluesman. He never leaves the comfort of his non musical life, buys top gear, learns licks verbatum, and declares himself a true bluesman. I am not talking about guys that love it as hobby, but the ones that claim to be right up there with the real deal guys. Here are some songs from todays session. Walter

tough times are part of living right
my journey with breaking new ground
shake them blues till their through
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: the internet bluesman sham

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:43 pm

Wow Walter, strong opinion. Can you give us the name of one of these shams? :?
I'm just a hobby musician myself, and haven't yet posted any music. However I am trying to get something there.
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby watertore » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Buffalo_Bill wrote:Wow Walter, strong opinion. Can you give us the name of one of these shams? :?
I'm just a hobby musician myself, and haven't yet posted any music. However I am trying to get something there.
Bill

Bill: I really don't know any names. Songs just come through me. Was it me, you, him her, or someone else conveying that message in that song? Who knows. Did you listen to the song? Just curious. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Well, you got your point across Walter. I've always appreciated the "road warriors" out there.. even if they aren't that good, or if they don't exactly appeal to me. I always try to buy a CD from 'em even if I know I won't play it much. I jus' wanna keep 'em out on the road, like you say, pavin' the road we follow. BTW, I really like the edgy, reverb driven sound you've been usin' lately. It's a good flashy sound.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Buffalo_Bill » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Sure Walter, I've listened to some of your recordings.
Just a idea, I dig a good bass groove, can you come up with something using featuring bass, with drums and harp?
Bill
Buffalo_Bill
Regular

Postby watertore » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:28 pm

good on you bubba- keeping live music alive! The universal audio plate reverb plug in I use just got updated to include actual updates that were done to the originals as aftermarket updates. It is subtle stuff if done right, and I am learning how to use it right.

bill: I don't own a bass. I often play bass lines on the guitar and when the mood hits tune it down lower and fool with that. You have inspired me to get to it! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording