Hi Guys

Required: Just registered? Give us a short introduction. You won't be able to post anywhere else until you have an approved post here.

Everything else -- questions, comments, observations -- should find a home in the other forums.

Hi Guys

Postby Centurian » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi Guys ,
Have poked around this forum a couple of times and found it inspirational so I thought
I had better join ! :)
I am from the south east coast of England and have been playing slide for about 7 or 8
Years , I say play , loosest possible term , I am self taught and cant play normal guitar ! :oops:
I am too lazy to learn the chords and that’s how I ended up trying slide I guess …LOL
But I have a passion to play in the style of that lovely man Robert Pete Williams but can
I find any tab anywhere nope ! I have the usual Legends of Country Blues Dvds but I am
Not a natural player, it don’t come easy to me, however much I stare at the screen ! :)
I also have a passion for Country Blues although most pre war stuff is great as is a lot of
The Chicago Blues greats ..
At this precise moment I am listening to Scott Dunbar !
I also am very much into the history of the Blues and the Mississippi way of life way back
When ….
I have been listening to Blues since I was in my early 20s and am in my middle forties now.
I have several cheap guitars a electro wooden Crafter and a cheap Boston with high action
And just for “ricochet” a very nice AXL tricone with the matt finish which I think looks
Better than the shiny finish ..LOL :lol:
Had the AXL for about 6 years but find it hard to get on with always going back to the Boston
It just feels softer and more pliable if that makes any sense ..But after surfing on here I am gonna
Make it my mission to break that thing in ! LOL :)
I try and play a bit of Country Blues No 1 , Roll n Tumble , Com In My kitchen , Gravel Road Blues
You’ve Gotta Move, Cant Be Satisfied, and am currently working on Preachin Blues but these are
All played a little rough around the edges ! And I am sometimes joined on Harp by my little cherubs
Daughter 10 and my boy 4 which pleases daddy no end !! LOL
Thank you and good night ! :wink:

Centurian (Mark)
Centurian
Regular

Re: Hi Guys

Postby jeffl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Welcome to the pile Mark. Pull up a stool.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Yep, welcome aboard 8)
stumblin
Regular

Postby Centurian » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Cheers Guys
I have a beer !
Centurian
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Pass, friend :mrgreen:

Any chance you can get to Swanage for the festival in October? All free gigs, many many slide players in town to show you stuff.

Camper vans line up on the Shore Road for the duration if you have one, so no need to pay for digs if you don't want to.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Centurian » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Swanage! October! not like i could complain you did'nt give me enough warning ! lol

well got time to organize myself see what i can do .....
Centurian
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:19 am

Welcome!
ricochet
Regular

Return to A Bit About You