More mofididication of My Beloved.

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

More mofididication of My Beloved.

Postby maxx england » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:15 pm

A few of you have met my old acoustic. I've just acquired a Tele bridge assembly and I'm going to use it in place of the existing bridge as I don't think it's doing it any good. Now, what's the best way to mount it? As a Tele style bridge, or reverse the saddles and use it as a tailpiece, with the saddle screws bearing on a steel plate to get the sound into the body?
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Re: More mofididication of My Beloved.

Postby allanlummox » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:30 pm

You might wind up building an oversized version of the bridge pad - to mount the bridge to, and to attach to the top from underneath.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Attach to the top from underneath? Australia? It's only a guitar when all's said and done. :?

But I think I see what you mean.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bournio » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Hahahaha Maxx...

I wonder if the tele bridge will be too heavy and hinder vibrations on the top...Along with the oversized bridge plate.

Oh well, One way to find out!
And if it's already turd, this might polish it!
Bournio
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:36 pm

The instrument has never needed or wanted polishing; it's voice is angelically sweet acoustically and Elmore James amped up.

It's problems relate to build quality and basic structure, so I'm aiming at removing deformative stresses whilst retaining the auditory character.

I think I'm going to uses the Tele plate as a tailpiece and point the saddles out of what is normally the back, bearing on a lightweight bridge plate, with the tailpiece anchored to the far end of the soundboard by a pair of screws or bolts and rubber spacers at it's pickup end.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Equipment Blues