The GAS got me again

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

The GAS got me again

Postby stratman_27 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm

I've wanted an archtop for awhile now but didnt want to spend a fortune for a "niche" guitar but its fast becoming a favorite. Smoothe fat tone regardless of what its plugged into and pretty loud unplugged. Its not gonna keep up with a D 28 dred soundwise but with parlor sized instruments it'll hold its own. I give you my Ibanez AF 75 Artcore. http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc24 ... ST2010.jpg
stratman_27
Regular

Re: The GAS got me again

Postby ricochet » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:47 am

Those really are cool guitars. I brought one home to my boy that's much like that, but with a Bigsby and roller saddles.
ricochet
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Congrats! A friend of mine used to have that exact same guitar in blue and it was a very fine guitar for the money. Do you have a hard time controlling the feedback at all?
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby stratman_27 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:26 am

You have to stay on top of it to keep it turned the right direction. It plays great otherwise, Ibanez guitars always have better than average necks and the artcore is very comfortable to play. I have heavier strings on it with a wound G string and its fat as can be. The previous owner said its pretty thin sounding with light strings. I sure like to plug it into my recording interface and record with it. Samples soon to come.
stratman_27
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues