overpriced rare cd vs. cheap mp3....

A discussion of the blues for blues lovers and fans.

overpriced rare cd vs. cheap mp3....

Postby howlnwoof » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 am

Excuse my french , but WTF...... just finished reading "People Get Ready: A new History of Black Gospel Music"......which, by the way, is a great read and very entertaining and informative......I went Amazon searching for some of the discs listed in the book and found this one .....

http://www.amazon.com/Deep-River-Song-A ... 026&sr=1-1

I can get the out of print cd with the case and informative liner notes for $11,451.49 or the digital download for $9.99 ???????

How can any cd already be worth that much? It's not like finding a worn out seventy year old brittle 78 record in a box at a flea market.....it's a thin plastic disc containing digital files for Christ sakes. And I for one hate mp3 files and I tunes....
I want packaging and artwork and booklets full of studio info and all that crap.....
howlnwoof
Regular

Re: overpriced rare cd vs. cheap mp3....

Postby Slacker G » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:23 pm

howlnwoof ,

Just because stupid people have a lot of money, it doesn't make them any less stupid. :blink:
Slacker G
Regular

Re: overpriced rare cd vs. cheap mp3....

Postby DonnyK » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:28 pm

not really your point I know, but MP3's are about 10% the quality of CD (WAV). The comparison of listening to a song on the radio, rather than bunging in a CD.

That in mind, (forgetting rarity) the CD should therefore be valued at $99.99 or the MP3 download at £1,145.15. Interesting... :blink:
DonnyK
Regular

Return to Talking Blues