BIG ooopppssssssss!

[Locked - post in relevant instrument/gig/recording section]

BIG ooopppssssssss!

Postby mickeypainless » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:29 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-05 AT 10:30 PM (EST)]I was at a big pre-horse show party earlier this week and a live band was hired to entertain... one of our members is a HUGE music promoter out of Los Ang. Ca (think Elton John and some other bigs from the 70's) and he was there looking for his next biggy act. The musician wasn't aware of this and showed up late and pretty hammered! I guess thinkin he was just gonna be play'n fer a buncha dumb cowboys! He was a total ass (although a damn fine act), BUT totally screwed himself outta what coulda been his BIG break! At his first break (20 mins. after he started his first set), the promoter walked up, introduced himself, shook his head and simply said "too bad... ya have a ton of talent but what seems to be a problem ya may wanna address"! Then turned and left.
Needless to say the guys attitude went south from there and his manager was freakin out!
Ya just never know when and where yer big break may come from! BUMMER!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

RE: BIG ooopppssssssss!

Postby ricochet » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:44 am

(Shaking my head...)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby bosco » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:01 pm

damn musicians.
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Someone told me once that his version of "being lucky" was just keep on doing the right things long enough, bad luck is when you take your eye off the ball, foot off the loud pedal etc. because Sod's Law says that's when the pivotal point will come.

As shown in the example above.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Wish I'd Known This!!