UPS nightmare

[Locked - post in relevant instrument/gig/recording section]

RE: UPS nightmare

Postby maxx england » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:08 pm

At the risk of being chased for libel, does UPS stand for "Unemployable Primitive Simpletons?"

Alternatives please.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:10 pm

Untamed Primal Simians?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby trguitar » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:46 pm

Unusually
Poor
Service
trguitar
Regular

Postby stevie » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:29 pm

i had a camera shipped to me via UPS. I had sent the payment the day or second day after the auction ended on ebay, and it took forever to get to my house.

Problem was, the guy lived in Michigan and i in California, but he sent the package as soon as he got the payment. So, FROM THEN ON, it took 7 days to get to my house, even tho i paid for 4 days shipping, GUARANTEED.It was et to come on a friday and it came on the following monday. not a big deal...

I hope the rest of the stuff i get from UPS come quicker, but i guess u get waht u pay for... ($10) haha

-stevie
stevie
Regular

Postby t bone bruce » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:51 pm

I had a bad experience with UPS recently too. I ordered a Behringer EQ pedal from those nice folks at Digital Village (very helpful they were too)and I was told I should have it by 4.30 pm next day. I've taken a week off work this week, so I waited in. The package hadn't arrived by 4.30, So I rang the company. They kindly gave me UPS phone number and my tracking number. UPS told me they had tried to deliver the package but there was no one in. They didn't even leave a card as they're supposed to. I had been in all day so I reckon the guy just couldn't find my flat. They did at least give me a ring the next morning to say that my package would be with me between 1-2pm. By 2.30 still no package. When I rang UPS this time, they wouldn't tell me why it hadn't turned up (I tracked it again.. I think they put in on the wrong route) but told me that the package would be coming to me by taxicab. At 5.15 my package arrived in a taxi. The taxi driver told me it took him just 30 minutes to drive from their depot to me. So a taxi firm from 25 miles away can find me quicker than UPS. go figure... I wonder what it cost UPS to do that, because my pedal only cost £15!
Just in case you're wondering the Behringer EQ700 works just fine for harmonica.
Next time I'll ring the store and get them to order the items from their warehouse, then I'll go and pick up the next day. It'll save time...
Bruce
t bone bruce
Regular

Previous

Return to Wish I'd Known This!!