Someone take this lapsteel off my hands!!!

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Someone take this lapsteel off my hands!!!

Postby bignick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey there!

I'm expecting my first - a baby girl - in May and I'm trying to make some room and some money for the arrival!

I bought this steel off of a friend who made it out of the baffle of a 100+ year old railroad station. He made the neck by hand.
The single humbucker is a Samick and it is actually pretty decent. Works well in this steel. I'd love to hear how it would sound with a
Seymour Duncan or something. It plays and sounds great!!! Very portable. Like a mini-Les Paul only in Steel form.

I'll also throw in a brand new Snakebar tone bar to match. These are normally $40-$50 a piece but Snake gave me a few to try a couple of years ago and they have spent the majority of their life in a drawer. I'd rather pass the bar on to someone who will use it. Unfortunately playing steel gives me a lot of wrist pain in my picking hand so I had to give it up a couple of years ago. I've only tinkered with this stuff now and then since.

I'd like to get $120 SHIPPED!

Just pm me if you are interested!!!

bignick
Regular

Re: Someone take this lapsteel off my hands!!!

Postby ricochet » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 pm

I'd just replied to your PM, then saw this. Interesting. Looks like pine. I've seen those Snakebars. They look similar to Gary Swallow's bars with the wooden handles, which are nice.

Congratulations on the baby girl! :D
ricochet
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:04 am

I finally opened this thing up tonight (Mrs. R. didn't want me to till the kids had left), and I'm blown away! This thing is beautiful, the pics don't do it justice! I hope to restring it and give it a try tomorrow. All I got done tonight was to take a couple more pictures. I still haven't poured out all the peanuts to look for the tone bar. It sure was well packed!

The grain of the body looks like pine to me. The neck is definitely white oak. The tuners with those pearloid "bow tie" buttons look classy on this one.
ricochet
Regular

Postby birddog » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 am

Congradulations to the both of you on the new arrivals !

Wally
birddog
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues