some solo harp

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

some solo harp

Postby watertore » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Hi All: The harp called my name this afternoon. I recorded these songs. I am going out to shoot a video for the bushman world harmonica contest with the song - tennis shoes in the snow. We live next to a golf course and I am off to slip and slide some. Walter

tennis shoes in the snow
mother nature and man pt 1
mother nature and man part 2
that's it
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: some solo harp

Postby jeffl » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:32 pm

S'good shootin' Walter. I've always liked your low register harpin'; it takes me back to some early Tony Glover stuff from "Blues,Rags, and Hollers". I just took my harps to our jam last nite... no keyboards. I get closer to ground level that way. There's somethin' about bein' trapped behind a board that's never set right with me (45 years of it should've got me accustomed to it, ha!).
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:21 am

thanks bubba! I like sitting down and playing now. standing up feels wierd, which is the complete opposite of what I did most of my playing days. I shot a video for the bushman world harp contest with the tennis shoes song. Here is a link to the video. Walter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYpLHmsTpBM
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:31 pm

You must've run out of dog biscuits huh Walter...? Those dogs looked like they decided they were done with you. :? I liked the idea of the video..it copped the cadence well.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:43 pm

jeffl wrote:You must've run out of dog biscuits huh Walter...? Those dogs looked like they decided they were done with you. :? I liked the idea of the video..it copped the cadence well.

thanks bubba! they were chasing the tennis ball. I had my hands full - 3 leashes, the tennis ball, the chucker for the tennis ball, my gloves, and the video camera. I had no idea what I was shooting. Those viewing screens get all dark when out in the daylight. I got a pair of nice handmade canadian boots in the mail today. Now my feet are warm and dry! It only took 2 -1/2 winters for my cheap ass self to buy a pair of shoes made for winter........... Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp