I ain't no jukebox

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

I ain't no jukebox

Postby watertore » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:18 am

I recorded these tonight. I forgot to turn on the phantom power for the ride cymbal mic. Luckily there is enough bleed on the snare, vocal/harp, and guitar amp mics to pick it up some. Walter
I ain't no jukebox
we've never known the real blues
I was born to a chuck berry song
Built yourself a cage
greyhoundbus blues
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I ain't no jukebox

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Good stuff again Walter! You always remind me to work at my expressiveness. BTW, have you ever met this Australian blues guy, Harper, who's playin' outa Michigan right now? You oughta check out his website, http://www.harper.biz/ . If you read his blog I think you'll see that you two share more than one intense interest, including kids with special needs.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:46 pm

thanks bubba! I will have to check out his blog sometime when I have more time :D I did look at it for a few minutes before I typed this, but there was too much reporting about tours and stuff to hold my attention. I guess the stuff you are talking about is deeper down into it. Just in from work. I am off to pedal my bike for an hour, record for a couple, eat, take the dogs on a walk with the wife, take a shower, and bed time....... TIME I WISH I COULD CONTROL. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Harper puts out a monthly newsletter, and I think you get to it by clicking on the "blog" tab that sits in there with his other link tabs. He strikes me as a compassionate person.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording