Warmoth neck ?

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Warmoth neck ?

Postby birddog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Wondering if anybody ever ordered a neck from these people. Looks like you can have it your way, choice of wood, frets, radius & profile, nut width, finish or no finish. Sure you can spend a lot or not really that much and it dosen't come with hardware but seems like a decent way to change a guitar to more of what you want. Made in America.
I know theres Mighty Mite to and they are cheaper and made in Korea but reviews aren't as positive.
I like my cheap Strat but now that the amp is done I'm playing it a bit more and its starting to hurt my hand, its to thin and narrow at the nut.
Seems like for what I want I'd have under $200 in a Warmoth neck and it would be cheaper than buying another axe.

Anybody ?
Last edited by birddog on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birddog
Regular

Re: Warmoth neck ?

Postby bagpipe » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:13 pm

I've owned two Warmoth necks - one was a maple fingerboard and the other Rosewood. They are beautiful necks - def an upgrade over a standard Strat. Both of mine had the 59 Roundback carve and that is one honkin' big neck - super comfy, but way bigger than any other Strat neck I had tried. They also both fit straight onto my US Strat without any issues. The Rosewood one had the 10 to 14" compound radius and I found that nice. The maple one had a 7.5" radius and tiny frets - didn't work out for me as well.

They come up used quite often on TheGearPage - thats where I got both of mine. I also have an Allparts neck on my Tele and its really nice too. Lots of options.
bagpipe
Regular

Postby birddog » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks for the info bagpipe

Were they pretty decent fret wise of did they need to have the frets leveled ?

Wally
birddog
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:05 pm

I've been wanting to either get a Boat or 59 Roundback neck for my Strat. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby bagpipe » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:38 am

birddog wrote:Thanks for the info bagpipe

Were they pretty decent fret wise of did they need to have the frets leveled ?

Wally

Both of mine were used so its hard to say - the frets were perfect - no fret level required. One neck was "mint" and had hardly been used, and the frets were perfect, so I'm assuming that's how they come from the factory.
bagpipe
Regular

Postby Blind Doc Jones » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:11 am

Warmoth sells top notch products and they are awesome to deal with but I would box up the whole guitar, new neck and all, and ship it off to have it pleked. Why not? Your guitar will never play better.
Blind Doc Jones
Regular

Postby guitarslim101 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:52 am

I have a used maple neck with the SRV profile and I like it quite a bit. I didn't like the way the finish felt when I first got it, but I took some fine steel wool to the back of the neck and now it feels much better. It fits my hand very well.
guitarslim101
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues