New Amp, Finally

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

New Amp, Finally

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am

I've been jonesing hard for a Peavey Delta Blues 115 Tube combo. Coming up with the money took some time and I was getting ready to place an online order with MF and saw that they had "used" apparently returned amps at a reduced price. I gave them a call to ask if the manufacturer's warranty would still be in place and of course that wasn't the case. During the converstation the company rep said that they had a sale going on and, to make a long story short, I ended up getting a new Delta Blues, without the extra shipping fee for oversize, heavey weight items for under $580. Should be here Tuesday or Wed coming. I'm really excited about this The odd thing is, had I not called MF, I would have never know about the sale and the rep said they are rarely publicized. That part confuses me.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Re: New Amp, Finally

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 am

MF runs a lot of call in sales that aren't advertised. For a long time they did Fender Friday, but that is no more apparently.

Congratulations on that amp! It's a great amp! Have fun with it.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby zhyla » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:58 am

Doc wrote:The odd thing is, had I not called MF, I would have never know about the sale and the rep said they are rarely publicized. That part confuses me.

Now and then they send me a 20% off coupon that is only valid on phone orders. I've never used it. Maybe getting people on the phone let's them weasel you into signing up for something else (MF visa card, etc) a little easier?
zhyla
Site Admin

Postby birddog » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Lefty
They still run Fender Fridays, 2 weeks ago they had Jimmy Vaughn Strats for 399.00 in white only but sold out early.

They have a lot of sales like this, I would have never known about the call in 20% off call in sale for October ecept hanging around the Telecater forum those guys are all over this stuff. You want to know whats on fender fridays without making the call, check that forum first thing in the morning as someone had made a post with whats going on already.

Enjoy that amp Doc, almost bought one last spring. I almost made the plunge one day at Elderly, they had one for $385.00 and I probably should have bought it.

Wally
birddog
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues