[Locked - post in relevant instrument/gig/recording section]

Re: posts not showing up

Postby Hurricane » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 am

C'mon ice cream ! Lemme in man !
Hurricane
Regular

Postby Liquids » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:18 am

Would love to be able to post or have what I've typed up get posted...

Maybe some people could serve as additional moderators like on other forums so it isn't all left to one person's schedule.
Liquids
Regular

Postby Hurricane » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Open sessamee !
Hurricane
Regular

Postby Griz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:21 pm

resonator wrote:I've tried three different times to post a new topic under "Guitars" without success. Like others have said, I'm not a spammer. If you're not going to allow my post, I'd appreciate an email telling me the reasons. I think that's the least you could do for REAL PEOPLE who are just trying to use a forum that you have made public. It's not good for your forum to leave new members in the dark and wondering what's going on.

Sincerely, Resonator

Same thing. I just edited a post and it is back in limbo. :roll: There must be a better way. Maybe more administrators would be in order? I am sure some regular members here would be happy to volunteer. I have been on computers since 1965 BM (before monitors) and never seen nor heard of such a thing. A little advice, try using the three D's of good management, Decide, Delegate and Depart.
Griz
Regular

Postby Griz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:25 pm

FYI. I am on Reso Hangout a lot. We get garbage but the people on the site, myself included, don't want it there any more that Eric, the site owner. We report it and if reported as spam the post is made unreadable and the account of the poster is locked. This works WELL, very well.
Griz
Regular

Postby rustyslide » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:58 am

Hiding posts from new users is frustrating, but it means zero spam needs reporting. You're only run through the ringer for three approved posts. Yes, it's alienating and frustrating, but it's the most hands-off approach for keeping things humming for established posters.
rustyslide
Site Admin

Postby zhyla » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:33 am

rustyslide wrote:Hiding posts from new users is frustrating, but it means zero spam needs reporting.

And if I may add, there's a LOT of spam coming in these days. Non-admins have no idea the amount of crap that gets posted by spammers because it's hidden. BTW I can get you all some great deals on E.D. medication.

Also a hint for new members: if your first post is something like "Very cool!" it's not likely to get approved by me. Not because I don't like your post but because it lacks enough context to distinguish from a spam bot.
zhyla
Site Admin

Postby Mario 1967 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:39 pm

I think this is my third post and they do not still appear, I would be very grateful if the administration of this site could explain to me what am I doing wrong. Thanks.
Mario 1967
Regular

Postby bbb » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

How long does it take until our posts start showing up? Thanks, Bruno.
bbb
Regular

Postby Mark Schrier » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi Rusty,

This is my third post on your forum. I just want to let you know that I am interested in participating in your forum.

I started plating the blues in 1973, fresh out of high school, with some friends. I bought a used 1964 Jazz Bass and a black faced Bassman head. Also bought a 15" speaker which ended up in a folded horn cabinet that a local guy built as an experiment.

Best regards,

Mark
Mark Schrier
Regular

Postby Jdog710cav » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:09 pm

And a good day to ya'. I'm a guitarist from the Sip, blues inspired, and I am most certainly not a spammer. Would love to start jumping into this forum. I have so many questions and and an open mind for this forum.
Jdog710cav
Regular

Postby RedRooster » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:59 am

Hi there,

Not a spammer, just a bluesman who wants to spend a bit of time with likeminded fellows. I think I've posted three times since signing up 3 days ago. This will be my fourth. Hope you guys will let me join the party.

RR
RedRooster
Regular

Postby Jonpaul » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:54 pm

I also, am having the same problem (2-posts no show). This my third post; I'm wondering if this will show. I believe that this forum has great potential, that is, if I can get in. Best regards, Jonpaul
Jonpaul
Regular

Postby Honeyboy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:33 pm

I've been waiting for weeks to get my posts accepted. What's up? I'm starting to wonder if it's worth coming back.

Rick Honeyboy Hart
Honeyboy
Regular

Postby jopheza » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm

HI, this is also my third post!

Looking forward to joining the community

Joe
jopheza
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Wish I'd Known This!!