Head Banger's Ball

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Head Banger's Ball

Postby jeffl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:01 pm

It should be a good rehearsal tonite: we're gonna knock the head off a fresh keg of home-brewed beer after practice. I gotta stop and get some cigars. Whoopeeeeee!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

RE: Head Banger's Ball

Postby dcblues » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:11 am

The subject title made me think you were going to work on some AC/DC songs.

Have fun!
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby guitarslim101 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:12 am

I figured it'd be some bluesy versions of some classic Slayer tunes.
guitarslim101
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:47 am

ENJOY Bubba! And be safe!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:04 am

Yeah,I made it home safe. Great rehearsal. First time I played with the drummer from the original band. Man! (This is a half-ass reunion gig we're tunin' up for) Playin' with the original rhythm section gave me a real sense of anticipation for this gig comin' up. The drummer is great, and supplied enthusiasm right away. I parked my ass right off his right hand,and had a blast all nite long. We worked thru 2 sets,80% of which we'd played before (with the other drummer), and I got good notes, so I'm feelin' alot better now. I'm sure that after the three rehearsals next week, we're gonna be fine. I'm the only guy that hasn't played with the drummer and the other guitar player before,so the other guys were like slidin' into an old pair of jeans again. We did manage to kill an 8 gallon keg of beer afterwards,between us and a few friends,and about 3 feet of cigars went down too. I feel a whole lot better now.(BTW,I wuz mic'in' up my microcube,and eq'in' it,and it did great practice duty,for my harps)
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs