Mountain Stage

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Mountain Stage

Postby 1dustyeod » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:39 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-06 AT 05:45 PM (EST)]I got a call today from the Gazette (local newspaper) regards a letter I sent in about Mountain Stage. I've also written to PBS. My complaint is this... Its a PBS station program that is modelled after Austin City Limits. Now Austin City Limits used to feature relatively unknown artists, from Texas, to try and bring more tourism dollars into the state. I have never seen anyone other than corporate artists on Mountain Stage and have been expressing my disdane for this elitist exclusionary attitude. Someone from this State (West Virginia) should be featured on this program EVERY TIME it is recorded and aired. I don't care who... (sure I would like to play there... I've been sending them CDs for years and never hear a thing).... but somebody from this State sould be on each and every show. Just my opinion.....

If I see the letter, I'll post a link....

I've been sending Mountain Stage CDs for years and never hear a thing..... I'll give 'em probably 10 copies of this new one next month and probably won't hear anything (story of my life). (ha) I don't really complain just because I would like to play there (which I would) but I holler about them excluding ALL OF US everytime they tape a show and then broadcast it with NO representation of musicians FROM this State. I don't really care who.... just as long as they were from here.... Sure they are pretty genre specific (they're not going to invite any metal bands.... sorry, just the way it is) but SOMEBODY from this State should be featured every show. Just my opinion.... everybodys got one.... I posted mine on our webpage, sent a letter to the Gazzette, EM to PBS, posted it here, and I tell everybody I know (that has a serious group together) that they should express their disdane for this practice themselves.... and keep it up until something is done about it. Then again there are probably all kinds of reasons that they will claim, legal and otherwise, for the exclusion. Not a member of ASCAP, royalties problems, or the union, or something.... theres always something.....

Tommy

[www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue.com/BandPage.html]

"A strat, a cord, and an amp set to 10 is all I really need. Nothing sounds better than a tortured stratocaster....."
1dustyeod
Regular

RE: Mountain Stage

Postby nizer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:21 pm

Hey Grady should play there!
nizer
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:18 am

Hey.... Grady would be great for it....!!!! I don't think they'll pick me since I'm the one leading the charge to get more native west virginians included on the bill. But, if they start including natives, I'll be happy.

The CD is being mixed.... and the new lineup will be ready to head out at the end of February Nizer...

Tommy

[www.tommystriplethreatbluesrevue.com/BandPage.html]

"A strat, a cord, and an amp set to 10 is all I really need. Nothing sounds better than a tortured stratocaster....."
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:23 pm

Sounds like politics to me. Have you tried researching into past statements by the hierarchy of the station, either individually or corporately? They may have said something you could hold them to, with the threat of public revelation as a lever.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs