Looking For A Band

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

RE: Looking For A Band

Postby jeffl » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:51 am

Hey LoriLu...Good luck with your quest. Good things come to those who strive. (Oh crap. Did I say that? My dad always used to say that.) Here's another one: If you don't change your actions,you can't expect the results to change. How's that? You are making efforts,and that's how you get results...Keep it up,kid.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:17 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-06 AT 10:19 AM (EST)]It's starting to happen, your name is out there, keep on going for it. I'm still keeping my eyes open for players about my age but I'm not sure if I'll find any, so I'll take what I can get.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:43 am

Thanks guys. I practiced hard tonight hitting and kickin em hard and it was quite fun and not really tiring. Something about playing in that big old warehouse brewerey just got me going and feeling more solid. Confidence and control. The longest practice I've had in a really long time. Definitely am looking for things to take a turn for the really good now. It's time.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:42 pm

>My gift in music is songwriting. As a boy kids would tease
>because I sang and sang badly but I was singing my songs. As
>a teenage drummer I was wild, like Keith Moon, but I played.
>I was to hard for cover bands, and most musicians then could
>not handle originals. People put me down for that. I did
>okay on bass and I still play bass in a band. I have had
>singing moments when I got a compliment on my voice. Rare
>tho. Once I sang Honky Tonk Woman and some ladies said I
>sounded just like Mick. I ain't sure if that was a
>compliment or not. This Tuesday I am taking my first singing

Ive got Singing for dummies,it has a great CD with it Ive never looked at the book but I keep the CD in my truck,I travel a lot so I stick in the CD and follow all the excersizes and it Helps me streach out my vocal cords, On the way to gigs I run thu the excersizes and Iam ready to go!! It has improved my range and control aswell as tone quailty, Check Books a million!!
601blues
Regular

Previous

Return to About Gigs