Open Mics. .

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Open Mics. .

Postby sadea_jn13 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:00 am

Once when I went to this open mic, (I played there). .
It was just a terrible experience..When I sang in their microphone, my voice sounded terribly high, just not the way it normally sounds AT ALL.
It was just really really bad..I'm thinking it was their bad amp, or maybe their bad sound-guy who messed with the controls to make my voice higher. . How can I avoid this from happening again?

Should I talk with the sound-guy,and ask him not to touch my voice. .
or something? Just, someone please give me some tips on this, I really would hate for it to happen again..I'd like to avoid it..
Anyone have it happen?

''i groove to the ancient melodies,of my foremothers,and their eternal lovers.''
sadea_jn13
Regular

RE: Open Mics. .

Postby ricochet » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:27 am

Maybe you just tensed up and got on the wrong pitch. I've sure "choked" bigtime in front of a crowd, on several occasions. Only way I know to get past it is to treat it as a learning experience, not the end of the world, and go back and try again.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

RE: Open Mics. .

Postby lorilu » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:13 am

Hey Sadea,

Glad you are back. Did ya get a chance to read all the stuff on changing strings? Maybe you got nervous when you performed. That would make your voice sound strained. There's a lot of good information on the conference under Blues Singing here in the forum. Maybe you will find an answer there, also.
lorilu
Regular

Return to About Gigs