what would you do?

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

RE: what would you do?

Postby jaybee » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:47 am

well... news from the band front

two weeks ago, the drummer didn't want to rehearse because he had too much school work to do, but he COULD go to soccer training three nights a week - I told him to go to training FOUR nights a week for all I care but ONT to worry about the band anymore. Meanwhile the bass player had been nagging me he wanted to gig, because he had to drive about 80 kms a week to rehearse - I finely told him he knew that when he agreed to come, but that I'd hate to be the reason for his gas tank being empty so why don't he stay home? and I didn't have a band anymore, just my "partner in crime" _ he told me of a bassplayer who was interested and who also knew a drummer, but the drummer works shifts so it might be difficult to organise. I told him to let them come if they wanted to

last Wednesday they were there and OOHH MY GOD!! the best "f-ing" rhythm section I have EVER played with - not surprising since they've been playing together for about 40 years - and, now this IS surprising, they are both quite excited about the new band they're in

guess I have a band after all.... :)
:)
:):):)
jaybee
Regular

Postby lorilu » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:00 pm

Ohmigod, that is too killer. How exciting! That's the old "when a door closes a window opens." Congratulations and please keep us updated it sounds like ya got it all with good players and enthusiasm. Best, best of luck.
lorilu
Regular

Postby jaybee » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:00 am

thx Lorilu, we'll do our best to get world famous (in our own street at least ;) )
jaybee
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:34 pm

Jay be I love ta hear stories Like dat!! WHY settle fer less when the world is full of MORE!!
601blues
Regular

Postby maxx england » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:32 am

>guess I have a band after all.... :)
>:)
>:):):)

There you go, never, ever stop pushing, eventually the world gives up and lets you get on with it. Nice one.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to About Gigs