A Blues Jam, finally

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

RE: A Blues Jam, finally

Postby 601blues » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:40 pm

>Yes there was and are you gonna go? No, Nizer said something
>about The Blue Heron having a bunch or rodeo pot smoking
>lesbian, I dunno, and I thought one thing and it turns out
>it's a pretty fun place and it will all be OK. You gonna go,
>M? Gonna be a party.
Sounds Like my kinda Place!!
601blues
Regular

Postby warren » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:47 pm

rodeo pot smoking lesbians...sign me up...i always wanted to join in on a blues jam :)

ww
warren
Regular

Postby watertore » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:04 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-06 AT 09:05 PM (EST)]Let me clarify things here on The Blue Heron Inn. It is located 5 miles east of the ocean town, Jenner. It is the home base for the folks in this area, particulary Cazadero. Cazadero is a wild place. It rains something like 120" a year, and to live there, you have deal with the elements big time. In the 60's many disgruntled hippies moved up here, and are still here. The area also has become a haven for the gay population(guerniville in parcticular). Every summer they have a huge rodeo across from the Blue Heron. This summer a bunch of gay women, dressed in 1800's dance hall attire, came in, and got way wild. This club is a trip, and it is unpredictable who will show up. Bikers, tourists, locals, gays, druggies,and semi homeless people are all accepted there. One woman (eccentric to the max) often brings some vegetables she picked from somebodys garden, and the cook, cooks them up for her. She called me on her cell phone once, from Pheonix, Az, with one of my cds playing. She said she parked her car, blasted my cd, and got a big party going.

It is still loose as a goose, with all kinds of things smelling up the air, and people will get so drunk, they sleep it off in their car. Some of the regulars live over an hour away, hidden deep in the unpaved, winding, sheer cliff roads, of the cazadero hills. They spend the night in their car often, for the weekend, so they can hear the music. I have been adopted as their resident eccentric musician. I play for anybody that digs it. I have no cares as to your race, religion, sexual preferance, and illegal drug habbits. It should be fun this weekend. Patti Sterling had to cancel. She tore up her knee the other day, and is bedridden, and waiting to see an orthopedic surgeon. Plus the weather calls for hard rains through the weekend. Patti with a swollen knee, and her husbands diabites going off the chart, they figured it best to stay in Los Angeles. We will still be playing as usual, and hopefully we will get Patti up here in June. Walter

http://blueheronrestaurant.com/

here is a shot from the blue heron. I am on my back

watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mickeypainless » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:08 am

Lemme see here..... 1)Rodeo, yep! 2)Smoked a little non habit forming weed, uh huh! 3) Like sex w/ girls.... Hmmmmmmmm, gues I'm one of THEM!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:45 am

Well, I'll be there and ready to rocknroll. Not really looking forward to the rain though. And you know I have nothing against lesbians or that Mickey is a lesbian but that I have met some pretty aggressive women and was hoping that the bar wasn't all gay. I like guys. And some of those women scare me!
lorilu
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:49 am

Just don't wear a flannel shirt LL! :+
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:07 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-06 AT 11:08 PM (EST)]>Just don't wear a flannel shirt LL! :+
Hey Mickey...I'm pretty sure that one went over my head,but one of my favorite live act rock/blues guitarists is Mary Cutrafello,and she is androgenous as hell,and wears flannel shirts all the time when she plays. I haven't caught her for a coupla years now...I don't even know what's happened to her since her label trashed her.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stratman_27 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:51 am

Thanks for the empowerment Mickey, I want everyone to know I'm a lesbian too. Good luck LoriLu and like one said before don't wear flannel.

"You Damn Right I Got the Blues" Buddy Guy
stratman_27
Regular

Postby nizer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:31 am

Me too - I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Don't worry LoriLu, I'm polite amd respectful.
nizer
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:30 pm

>Just don't wear a flannel shirt LL!
>Hey Mickey...I'm pretty sure that one went over my head

Bubba,
It's that "Lumberjack" look! I know a gal that wears flannel shirts w/ the sleeves rolled up to expose here skull tattoos on both fore arms. It goes well w/ her Levi's and engineer boots!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 601blues » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:37 pm

Walter I gots a suit like dat but its Gold!! cool I like it!!!
601blues
Regular

Postby jeffl » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:20 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-06 AT 09:21 AM (EST)]>Walter I gots a suit like dat but its Gold!! cool I like
>it!!!
See,us blues guys know that Michael Jackson didn't start that clothing trend,and neither did Chuck Berry. I gotta confess that I 'wuz thinkin' about hittin' the second hand stores for a flashy dinner jacket though. I'd prob'ly jus' look like an old cow that got tangled up in a deflated weather balloon though.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:40 pm

No, you need to get it, Bubba. You'll look great! Half the reason I am going up north is just to see Walter's suit! Can't wait. Any other Californians going? As in Dan and Jane? It would be great to see you guys at the BBQ on Friday and I'm bringing potato salad.
lorilu
Regular

Postby maxx england » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:39 am

I don't often envy anyone anything, but on this occasion I do.
I hate you all, I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue and then you'll all be sorry.

P.S.

I think I'm a lesbian too.

Just take care, enjoy.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:06 pm

Well, Maxx, you're in good company, Mickey's come out also. Envy? You guys sent us all those pictures "BRB UK, Official such and such blues jam..." We didn't get to attend that. But I know it's just a matter of time before you and Mrs. Maxx are heading across the water to visit and wanted to let you know you are welcome here. I always had the dream of musicians coming from all over and staying and recording stuff and jamming and BBQing. That was my vision when I first got here. Maybe it will happen after all. But understand, all my equipment is quite vintage and funky. The lodging pretty basic.
lorilu
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to About Gigs