Friday night in Albuquerque

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Friday night in Albuquerque

Postby fat paul » Mon May 01, 2006 1:18 am

We played friday the 28th at our favourite bar. Two of my sisters and there husbands flew in from Portland Oregon to see the show. The bar was packed, the beer was good, the sound syst was dialed in, we had a great show. Lotsa dancing, drinking and debauchery (even the soundman was up dancing). My sisters and there husbands were amazed by the band and I got a few huggs from one very cute bartender(she said that I was a good hugger). All in all a very good show.
Now it's back to the day job and reality
thanks, fat paul
fat paul
Regular

RE: Friday night in Albuquerque

Postby ricochet » Mon May 01, 2006 1:30 am

Sounds like great fun!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon May 01, 2006 10:44 am

Good deal,Fat Paul! Nothin' like havin' sisters around to pump you up; they make good fans.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Mon May 01, 2006 1:48 pm

Sounds like a real good time. Does this mean you guys might be playing regularly there? Or do you already? What's on your set list?
lorilu
Regular

Postby oleman » Mon May 01, 2006 8:23 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-01-06 AT 04:28 PM (EST)]Sorry to have missed you FP but we have our regular Friday nite gig in Corrales. Keep us posted when and where else you will be playing.

edit for naming a club.
oleman
Regular

Postby fat paul » Tue May 02, 2006 12:03 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-01-06 AT 08:10 PM (EST)]Hi Lorilu, Yup we play there about 4 or 5 times a year. Kathy the owner of the place has said the we are one of her faverorite bands.
Oleman where in corrales do you play?, I would love to get together sometime for a beer and a song. Always nice to talk with a fellow New Mexican. Lorilu our set list is heavy with stax/atlantic R&B, old blues ie: Muddy Watters, Elmor James, The three kings ect... and a few oldies thrown in for good measure
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby fat paul » Tue May 02, 2006 12:06 am

Oleman, the club is the Goldenwest on 6TH and central. Fun club to play and we always push the fire code when we play there.
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby oleman » Tue May 02, 2006 3:03 am

FP, We're at the Casa Veja bar fri nites. Maybe on the patio when it warms up a little. I'm the Upright bass/dobro player for the Catfish.
Love to meet you!
oleman
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue May 02, 2006 1:50 pm

I drove through on my way to Denver about 14 years ago and loved New Mexico. Albuquerque is huge! Must be a lot of clubs there. Someday I will take that trip again. We stayed at the Navajo res in Canyon de Cheille or however you spell that, on the border of the Hopi and Navajo res's in Arizona. Beautiful country. My daughter was 2 and it was one long road trip. My favorite place was Santa Fe. I hear it's grown and pretty popular so probably not as nice as it used to be.
lorilu
Regular

Postby oleman » Tue May 02, 2006 10:53 pm

L. Come see us here in the land of Enchantment. Vibrant music scene with everything from electronica to Salsa and lots of Blues and country, world beat,jazz, psychobilly, mariachis and pueblo drum circles. Lots of beerjoints, coffee houses and bars with live music everywhere, with great, hip audiences. Festival season is starting up with something every weekend in tourista country. It's not Austin but it ain't bad!!
oleman
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue May 02, 2006 11:39 pm

I will do that. I have always done as much travelling as was possible and see myself doing that forever. You never know when things will come up. I do love it there. Land of Enchantment is right. Georgia O'Keefe is one of my favorite painters. She captured the mystery of the land.
lorilu
Regular

Postby fat paul » Wed May 03, 2006 12:42 am

Oleman, I know the resturaunt/bar that you guys play. I'll bring Mrs. fat paul out for dinner and to see you guys play soon. LoriLu the sun is shinning, the enchaladas are hot and the beer is cold... Whatcha waiting for. Always a good time to be had in the desert southwest.
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby lorilu » Thu May 04, 2006 1:19 am

I think that would be a dream come true. Cold beer, a good blues band, mexican food on the hot side, and a southwestern sunset.
lorilu
Regular

Return to About Gigs