I think its Good News!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Postby warren » Wed May 31, 2006 6:44 pm

hey 601 and brbers! Was on a little mini family vacation so i have been out of the loop...as for the nyc gig...when i talked to him he made it clear he would only do things his way with his people....sounds like he is getting some opposition to those demands....hey if it happens great, if not...life goes on.

BTW i really liked the Lost Highway track!

ww
warren
Regular

Postby grady » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:27 am

601blues wrote::shock: Yea! Iam feelin it Grady!!! Looks like a good steak! but whats dat smell???

I wouldn't worry about man.
Just keep doin' what you're doin'.

Everything will be fine.
grady
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:02 am

Its called the 'peter principle'. The further up the corporate ladder you go, the less you know about what you need to know ..... and.... people ARE consistantly promoted at least one grade past their competency level. Don't believe me? Look around where You work, your local township government, etc... Music buisness is no exception to the rule.

Good luck with them brother......

8)
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:29 am

:lol: Yup!! Too much time in school not enough time with real life!!
601blues
Regular

Postby warren » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:34 am

601blues wrote:Too much time in school not enough time with real life!!

now that has the making of a blues song!

ww
warren
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:43 am

Yeah!! Remember Rodney Dangerfield in back ta school,when he was in Biz class Talkin about doin biz,The instructor tried to correct Rodney, and he asked the instructor where he was goin ta build in OZ!! Thats the way it is!!!
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:05 pm

:shock: I just recieved this!------------

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:41 am Post subject: I HAD TO DO WHAT I HAD TO DO........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well as you all know for the past 6 months plus I have been in negotiations with ARISTA records to record an album that I had already written 25 years ago when I decided to walk away from the business due to DRUGS. Had I never left I would NOT be here today...PERIOD.

I had put out 3 albums with 2 different bands and had a good repour with ARISTA and though we were doing rather well unfortunately we were labeled PUNK and we basically had to follow through with that label to keep ourselves in THE IN CROWD or you go NO WHERE in NEW YORK without some connections.
They found me through the grapevine and kissed my butt by taking my wife and I to see BB KING front row and they had the limo, backstage passes, and even passes to the party afterwards. I had a great time and was even given a necklace right off BB's NECK !!!!
HE was GREAT to my wife and I and treated us like family....he even let me play with LUCILLE and he and I had a great talk.
AHHHH I was in HEAVEN.....I can remember coming home from the show and falling asleep holding the necklace in my hands and awakening the next morning still holding it and in my chair.
I even called SA from the show so he could hear a tune or two.
I thought that finally after 8 of the WORST years of my life had just gone by I was getting some GOOD NEWS and a chance to finish what I started years ago. I broke my neck and back. Had 2 heart attacks.
Was diagnosed with LUPUS and several other auto-immune diseases.
YES I WAS CLOSE TO DEATH, but being an ex. MARINE and HELL's ANGEL
I had NO intention of giving up so I fought and fought and lived in severe pain for the past 8 years....

I never gave up on my music ....still playing it for myself and jamming with friends, but more and more as my ROCK N ROLL friends died I wanted to do this LAST album so bad I was thinking of paying for it out of my pocket.
I HAD TO....I HAD to thank all my friends like DEE DEE RAMONE and JOHNNY THUNDERS who helped me get to where I was.....for without there help I would have never even gotten a shot at playing CBGB's or MAX's Kansas City.

Now I look back and they are all DEAD !!!! SO doing this album THAT was to be dedicated to DEE DEE , JOHNNY THUNDERS, RICHARD HE**, BLONDIE, RAMONES, MINKDEVILLE and especially THE NEW YORK DOLLS and my friend MIGUEL whom I lived with for awhile who was an actor and a TONY award winning playright with his play and movie SHORT EYES.

It was MIGUEL who forced me to get off DOPE and get myself together and have a life...he basically threw me out of our apartment and said I do not want to see you again....well he didn;t as he died 2 days after I got out of re-hab.
So doing this album was so important to me....to pay my true repects to the people who helped me when I was down and were my FAMILY when I had no-one else.

My wife was behind me 100% and to this day told me I WILL BACK YOU WHATEVER YOU DECIDE!!!! (SHE'S A GREAT WOMAN)

Well as you know I was in more meetings with so many people who did not even care about rock n roll or THE BLUES which always was my style but being labeled PUNK I had to play alternative BLUES and we called it ANGRY BLUES !!!
The business has changed so much that the people who own it all and run it could care less about me, you or the genre of the BLUES it was back then but not as much as it is now....NOW IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY...NOW IT IS RIDICULIOUS and RUN by all 30 yo YUPPIES who are not musicians nor do they care about you as a person....JUST MAKE US SOME MONEY !!!!

So to make a LOOOOOONNGG STORY SHORT these meetings were about the contract and to cut to the bottom line. I receive a pension and other benefits due to my disabilities.
So just as I was about to finalise everything....I GOT A PUNCH OF REALITY
I was told by my attorney that I MUST give up all my pensions and benefits I get if I want to do this.
Then ARISTA came up with the idea that if MY WIFE created a corporation and they payed her I could get away with doing this.

My attorney said that I was NUTS if I went through with this as the FEDERALIES would be up my throat BIG TIME and I would be de-frauding the government and my last place of employment.

OK...so the BOTTOM LINE was to:

1...give up all my benefits and go on a MAYBE this album will make enough money to cover the money I already have coming in

2...Take a chance a de-fraud the government and put it all in my wifes name and HOPE they never catch on.

My attorney told me that what I was thinking of doing could fetch me
10-25 years in a FEDERAL jail and have all my assets frozen and have to give back all the money I received the past 8 years.
It could also end up with charges brought up against my wife Unless I sign her name to everything and use her ID to create this corporation....NO WAY

So as of this TUESDAY IT IS OVER
I made a promise to my wife when I was so far down my own family did NOT want to know me and there is NO WAY I can take that trust and love and abuse it for my own personal gain and to make this album.
I am to old and sick to even think about it.
I PROMISED her that I would be a good husband and take care of her till death do us part and I am a man of my word!!!!! (in front of GOD)
I talked with some close friends and they all agree that I CAN NOT take that chance nor can I just throw away all my benefits and income to go with a MAYBE I'll make money, I MUST take care of MY WIFE!!!!
So I HAD to make the HARDEST DECESION OF MY LIFE and I did the RIGHT THING.....though it hurts so bad I can't express it in words.

I want to thank you all for the suport and nice things you all had to say when it was going my way and I have sat here for the past few days wondering HOW TO TELL YOU GUYS...MY FRIENDS who were as HAPPY as I was that this opportunity came my way.
I want to apologise to all of you for letting you down.....
I was just gonna dissapear but I truely care for you guys and the friendship we have created and felt compelled to let you all in on the
BAD NEWS as well as the GOOD.
I could NOT RUN and FORGET you all without explaining to you what transpired.
MY HEART AND SPIRIT ARE BROKEN, but I am trying to get OVER it and just pick up from where I was.
I wanted this soooooooooo bad...for me, for my wife, for my family, friends and yes even you guys most of which I only know through this BOX we type into.
SO THANK YOU ALL for your support and for believing in me....even though there will NOT be any album, your support meant the world to me and I THANK YOU ALL

I guess I have nothing else to say......
I am hurting real bad right now but in my heart I know I did the right thing.....so why does it hurt so MUCH???
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 pm

You have to KNOW and to absolutely have FAITH that it is working out the way that is best as you mentioned GOD. In HIS time not ours in HIS way not my own. I am a person of strong desires and am always in this struggle of my will against my creator. I ask for his guidance always but sometimes pretend not to listen. He shows me and I think he must be mistaken cause I want it so, so bad! HE must be wrong. They say that if it is a fight and a struggle then it is not the right way. When it is it flows. There is something around the corner for you. And it is gonna shock the hell out of you! It's gonna be like," I cannot believe I even thought the other thing was ok when this here is SO much better" And it will be right without these little wieners to obstruct the process. Creation is to honor God and he wants it to be the right way. And you honored your friends and your beautiful wife and you will receive that in return. My friend used to say it's like the trials of Job, one thing after another. If it didn't mean anything it wouldn't hurt, so know that it hurts because IT MEANS SO MUCH. There will be a better avenue for this expression and it will be the right one! Keep on Keepin On Never Give UP and We here believe and can't wait to hear what you're doing next! All the love. All the love.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:08 pm

8) Hey thanks Lori, I believe that my self, It really doesen't bother me at all,really its kinda a big relief,to be quite honest, I have been there before and know what was in store for me the life style and the temtations really had me skeerd,to be totally honest, Iam happy as an indy solo artist,I do as I please and preform,where I please, and the only one I hafta please is my self,I have my new CD to be released soon,my old one is doin better each month,and I have materials for a 3rd reso CD workin, What does bother me is you have the ones that are dishonest and are ready to sell there souls at a moment, well this was my cross roads and I turned in the right direction Iam sure, I just never felt this was on the up,everyone here felt the same,Just a sad has been was trying to prove sometin to me,what who knows only he does, Oh well The show must go on!!! LOVE YA !!
601blues
Regular

Postby bluesfyre » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:14 pm

You are one BIG man in my books. Lorilu is right, its not over till its over, my friend.

Mick
bluesfyre
Regular

Postby warren » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:10 pm

hey don't worry about it 601...you "good lookin', chick magnet" type guys get all the breaks....you'll do just fine!! :lol: :wink:
warren
Regular

Postby 601blues » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:30 pm

:D No worries Mr.Warren,LOST HIGHWAY is gonna be a success,and when They get a load of LETS MOVE TO DA MOON, everything is GOOD!!
601blues
Regular

Postby warren » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:43 pm

if the rest of the cuts are as good as what i've heard so far....it will definately be a success!!

ww
warren
Regular

Postby fat paul » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:43 am

601 Im very sorry to hear about this turn of events. One thing that I can tell about you is that you will do this on your own terms and not sign on to a bad deal. Your very smart to look to the long term. Stand tall!!!!!!
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby 601blues » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:45 am

8) Thanks Paul!! you da man!!!it will turn out GREAT!!
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to About Gigs