I think its Good News!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

RE: I think its Good News!!

Postby 601blues » Mon May 08, 2006 12:11 pm

Warren dats what Iam worried about, today is the 8th, and that darn thing is supposed to be at the dealer on the 12th,and they are supposed to ship to me!!GEZZ it might get here under the wire!!But I really don't know when Arista wants to start,the 15th is just when you know who is mettin with Arista,to line out the sessions,and dates,but if they want this project out before XMAS then it may go pretty quick!! I dunnaknow!!But I want dat national so I can spend some time gittin ta know her!!
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon May 08, 2006 2:31 pm

Warren, I just got ofin da phone with NATIONAL,Hey they are a bunch of great people there!!Fo sho, I explained my situation,and asked if they were shipping to da dealer on the 12th,she said they are running behind but will see at this mornings meeting if they can switch things around and shipp direct to me!! wohoo!!!
601blues
Regular

Postby houndog » Mon May 08, 2006 5:42 pm

Very good news,
and hopefully will open new paths for you.

adios,
Lovat
houndog
Regular

Postby 601blues » Mon May 08, 2006 9:56 pm

>hey 601....maybe we'll here some of that new national of
>yours on the cd....i still want one of those really bad!
>
>ww
I just recieved a call from National, spoke with Shannon, she was super,They are gonna make sure I have my Reso Electric By the 16th!!!WOW!!They are gonna put the strings on her that I requested at the factory,man thats great NEWS I love it when a plan comes together!!!Its lookin like NY has my name on it and it was ment to be!! I hate tryin to force somphin!! thats a sure sign your on da wrong track!!But it seams everything is fallen in place!!
601blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon May 08, 2006 11:01 pm

The people at National are good folks.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 09, 2006 1:20 am

Yup!! RICO!! they sure are!
601blues
Regular

Postby cas » Tue May 09, 2006 2:53 am

Truly amazing 601! Good for you!

Carol
cas

Postby grady » Tue May 09, 2006 3:54 am

So 601,

How long are you gonna keep this thing a "secret" ??

at what time will you be letting the cat outta the bag??
grady
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 09, 2006 8:45 am

Grady, Iam really not tryin ta keep it a secret,I just don't know anymore than that till after the 15th,thats when Iam supposed to know everything,such as time place and all dat,Iam just very cautious,at this point,I will feel better when I know everything,Its easy for people to talk ,but another for them to produce,I will hafta see what this guy can produce,Ive been told the guy is a square shooter,But I have been duped by some so called square shooters before,Lets just say this,yes Iam excited,however there has been a few warning signs and red flags as well,Thats all I can say at this time, but for him and me,the meeting that is supposed to take place on da 15th, to clear it all up for him,will clear it up for me as well,Lets see what happens then,or will I be put off till another meeting takes place???
601blues
Regular

Postby warren » Tue May 09, 2006 12:53 pm

hey 601....that's great about the national....nice they are working with you. I can't wait to here what you think of it....one of those is definately on my short list!

ww
warren
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 09, 2006 3:16 pm

National is Great,HOWEVER, Elderly music leaves a lot ta be desired,Yesterday Shannon at National, said she would Get everything OKed by Elderly [Dats a National Dist,and I had to go thu one,]and ship it to me!! I just got a call from Elderly, and guy named Raoul,This Jerk started being real ugly wif me cuz I called,National ,Whoa wait a min. Ive been waitin on this thing fer 2 months and da next one was to be mine!! Raoul said no it was not!! he had 3 other people waitin,Gezz sombody is lyin,He said the next one was promised to Micheal J Fox!!I told him dat was fine just send me my money and I would get it somewhere else!!Well he just called me back and said I was right the next one was mine!????????gezz and will ship to mississippi da 16th!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Tue May 09, 2006 3:44 pm

I love Michael J. Fox and he IS a VIP but does he have a VIG coming up, now does he? It's just interesting that he told you it was for him so as to let you know. Glad it's all working out for you and you deserve it.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-09-06 AT 12:53 PM (EST)]I just went ta Mikes site and posted a message about da National!hope ta get a reply,ta save that might be worth somephin one day!!nebber Know!!Lori, Thanks for all your Positive comments,and everyone else as well,you may think Iam nuts but I even got with my dentist,and have 2 appointments this week and next, had 2 last week ! Ive needed some work done and have been puttin it off,last week had a tooth ake, so I figure Murphys Law anything that can happen will happen at the worst time,so IF i do go ta NY,I dang shure don't need a tooth problem there,he sez I will be a 100% by the end of next week!!What cha guys Think about drivin up there,It would Take me about 20hrs, Iam skeerd ta take 4 guitars valued at about 40 grand, on a plane, and have them lost,I saw a show over the weekend that bags was gittin lost more than ever!!as well as all da other stuff like about 27 bushman harps and a couple of harp mics etc.Dat would be muh luck!!Have muh teeth fixed,clean underware fresh socks,and loose all muh geetars,hafta walk in and ask to borrow one GEZZ!!
601blues
Regular

Postby warren » Tue May 09, 2006 4:59 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-09-06 AT 01:00 PM (EST)]maybe having a sore tooth would make your blues playing even better...the sore tooth blues :)

As far as driving...it is a long haul. I had to fly to texas with all my photography gear (studio strobes and such) and used roadie cases and everything was fine...but yeah i would have been in trouble if they lost it. You might want to check how much it would cost to fly and ship your guitars seperately (fedex, ups etc)...might end up being cheaper in the long run than driving with fuel costs, food and hotels (if you don't drive straight through which i suggest you don't do)

ww
warren
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 09, 2006 5:13 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-09-06 AT 01:24 PM (EST)]Now see!! man you guys are sharp! Warren I never thought about dat,that just may be a plan,I still don't like lettin em outa muh site but thats bettern checkin em on a plane!!Let me THINK!!about it However dat reso will be at my place on da 16th!!WOHOO
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to About Gigs