I think its Good News!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 2:57 am

lorilu wrote:I'm gonna tell you I am proud to be your friend and you know I will be there. I am FOR you and your success in whatever direction it takes. And these cool other dudes too.
Hey !! Iam already successful,Ive got people like you for friends and all the others here on this site, everything else is Lanape! if you don't know what Lanape' is, in New Orleans that means,everything else is extra!! Thanks
601blues
Regular

Postby jaybee » Wed May 31, 2006 7:17 am

601blues wrote::D WOW!! jay BEE where did you find that translation?? or did you translate it, that was the review in roots time!! thanks!!!!!

I translated it, don't think they have translations online - no thx, happy to help out, if you have any more... NOT all at once, you guys!!! :lol: :lol:
jaybee
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 2:53 pm

I recieved this email Saturday, Just ta bring everyone up to speed on whats happining, Whatcha Think???

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

To: 601blues
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:04 am
Subject: Re: ARISTA
By the way things are going it looks MORE real;istic for JULY than it does for sooner

This business is NOW run by people who know NOTHING about music and especially the genre of the BLUES. Which is basically why they have no idea why I want them to hire you and bring you up here.

They have no idea what I mean when I say that YOUR style of the BLUES will COMPLIMENT my style.....They think the BLUES is ANY song that is in
a 1-4-5 style of arrangement so to think that they know the difference between the CHICAGE style , DELTA style TEXAS style and of course the NEW YORK VOODOO STYLE of the BLUES.

I have another meeting next week and HOPE to god they will STOP it with the meetings an START with the MUSIC....SHEESH they are just getting me annoyed and pissed off. One would think that they have enough smarts to know that they should NEVER mess with the ARTIST just before he records.....you DO NOT want to put his mind into a BAD space.

But when the ArTISTs are in there 50's and the people whom I MUST deal with are in there EARLY 30's and THINK they know it all it makes it HARD to negotiate with them.

I'll be allright....... and hope that you are keeping cool while awaiting an answer.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
=

Regular

Postby nizer » Wed May 31, 2006 3:01 pm

looks like typical, everyday bullshit to me. Cut-and-paste, fill in the blanks... don't quit your day job.
nizer
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 3:19 pm

That just p*sses me off like you would not believe! This is why good music does not get out there like it should. I just want to smack those execs. Idiots! I've got a lot of books on the industry. I can see I need to understand how they think in order to understand this deal. (I cannot bear it ) When I start thinking of how much good stuff we never get to hear because of these damn fools. You give the people crap and they think that is all there is - underestimating their capacity to enjoy REAL music. This is just getting to me. This unfnbelievable arrogance of people who should not be in charge in all aspects of business - let alone music. This is probably what is wrong with the world and why I can't even afford to drive anywhere. This is where faith and hope gotta come in cause god don't like ugly. Stand up and know - don't give up - don't let them prostitute truth, beauty and art. KEEP IT REAL. That is what must be done. Keep it real.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 3:28 pm

:? Thats why I said in a earlier post Iam happy being where Iam, I can keep my music real and play and write what ever pleases me and let my feelins out without all dat BS, People just don't understand the concept between musician and artist, Thease fools dictate what we are gonna hear, A good point is from all my download sales only a very few are in the US the 99% of my sales is in Eourope, They seem to reflect the art in stuff more than we do in the US, Now Arista Wants to produce a generic Blues Album and feel they can hire anyone to play notes!! There not interested in art!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 3:58 pm

You are right and I cannot blame you. It's just frustrating to me. I always look for more independent labels when looking for music. I cannot stand slick overproduced sound that does not feel real. I know there are people that don't know the difference but I don't know those people. And they don't care. They often don't pay close enough attention to know the difference. It's like Van Gogh. His paintings are to this day magnificent and go for the highest amount of any artist and he was laughed at and a tortured misunderstood person instead of respected in his time. We don't ever have to go that way. And I think these execs are afraid when things get real. They are not real and they do not understand it - it makes them uncomfortable with their own selves. They are the face lift plastic surgery designer clothes(sorry, Nizer, not meant to offend) fake boobs etc. How can we accept these people to set our standards? Forget that noise. I'm glad for the people that keep on doin their thing and don't compromise their principles. However, if it does work out I'll be thrilled. Cause sometimes(?) it does, doesn't it?
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 4:14 pm

Yeah !! it does sometimes, But I think its a matter of control, They want to have full control of the situation,they don't understand anything else, To say to them look were gonna try this new song just turn on the recorders and lets see what happens would just freak them out!!!And we all know thats where the best stuff comes from,just jammin, Yeah I could see a painter with them Now!! They woud have ta know every color he would use,what kinda brushes,what size canvas,what he is to paint,Gezz!!We will see what happens,However I wrote a new song Last night,Titled [I ain't got Time] can't wait til I can get back to my studio this weekend I have the tune in my head,its a hard drivin slide and Bass tune startin out with the slide skiddin down da strings,under the influnence,of a thick Marshall overdive, with alittle compression, with a heavy stick on da drum,fast pop pop pop pop!!!then Bass blasts in and hold on!! were groovin!! I can hear in as I write!!
601blues
Regular

Postby nizer » Wed May 31, 2006 4:33 pm

lorilu wrote:They are the face lift plastic surgery designer clothes(sorry, Nizer, not meant to offend) fake boobs etc.

haha ...np. It is possible to have style AND integrity. I would never get fake boobs though.
nizer
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 4:39 pm

:shock: Me either I like da Real ones!!! fo sho!!!! :lol:
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 5:34 pm

I honestly know a couple a guys with boobs. I mean I know ones that actually were gender confused so they got some hormones and were working on changing their orientation. Man, I would hate to be in that mind set. Who knows why. I don't question it too much I got plenty else to think about and that seems harmless.

About that heavy drum thing you were talking about - when I was gonna audition for that alt rock band I got some heavier sticks and now I just love the sound they make on the snare - solid to the bone! Vater 5bs. I like them for everything - maybe not jazz.

Well, I hope those guys get a clue - creativity and spontaneity is scary to them - they are probably not very good in the bedroom either (excuse my crassness). They probably THINK they are. Man, I better quit posting for awhile. I am just speaking my mind a bit too much for the average person to handle.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 5:45 pm

:shock: I ain't average!! I kinda like it!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 6:14 pm

Oh no, you are way above average! 8) Well, you know where I'm coming from. And I mean what I say and am coming from the best place I can. I try to have knowledge and experience for my backup. It is interesting as we are all concerned with the music industry in one way or another and thank you for sharing your firsthand experience with all of us.
lorilu
Regular

Postby grady » Wed May 31, 2006 6:15 pm

nizer wrote:looks like typical, everyday bullshit to me. Cut-and-paste, fill in the blanks... don't quit your day job.

EXACTLY !!!
grady
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 6:18 pm

:shock: Yea! Iam feelin it Grady!!! Looks like a good steak! but whats dat smell???
601blues
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to About Gigs