I think its Good News!!

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

found

Postby jaybee » Sun May 28, 2006 6:27 am

I found the cd review at Roots Time here is the translation

601 BLUES
NOT GOOD LOOKIN'
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/601blues
tru_bla@msn.com
Label : Blue Rat Productions

Original hard edge blues, mixed with alernative and rock

601 blues’ Music is hard to put into a category. Call it blues and you’re partly correct, because his Music abviously has it’s roots in the blues. Yet he transcends the genre with ease. You could call it deltablues, and you’d be getting a bit closer. 601 blues doesn’t rely on volume or heaviness. His music seems very laidback, but listening to “NOt Looking Good” (2003), you may find yourself sitting on the edge of your seat, since, though the music may seem relaxed, ti’s at the same time very exciting. You feel sorry when the record is over. 601 Blues wrote almost all the songs and this is a plus for the record. Some songs seem to go along nice and easy, still in most songs he seems to keep up the tension. As far as I’m concerned he could have kept tension going, as in title track “not Looking Good”, a 7 minute opus, that never gets tedious.”Not Looking Good” is a solo record by Mississippi inhabitant Ron (601 Blues), that lets his guitar playing shine, all while singing very convincingly. Ron has been playing guitar since he was 14 and with this cd he proves to be at the very top, since he’s made it a real 601 Blues record. For one thing, that means laidback buts harp playing, that at times makes you hold your breath of excitement. Ron is not only a phenomenal guitar player, but plays all instruments on this cd, which makes this a solo cd, although it doesn’t sound like that, thanks to the accents at the right moment, that make the songs only stronger. What especially makes this cd good, is the fact that with it’s varied repertoire it still sounds like a whole. An absolute “must-have” that gets better each time you listen to it.
jaybee
Regular

Postby lorilu » Sun May 28, 2006 7:02 am

And he's a good rockin daddy!
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 30, 2006 11:44 am

:D WOW!! jay BEE where did you find that translation?? or did you translate it, that was the review in roots time!! thanks!!!!!
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 30, 2006 12:24 pm

:D HAHAHA!! :D I see by a few earlier posts some peeps thought I was serious about da chick magnet stuff, No sense of humor???? but funny!! Hey thanks for postin dat review Ive just read it several times and I think everyone is right!! Who needs NY, sometime grass is greener!!
601blues
Regular

Postby 601blues » Tue May 30, 2006 2:54 pm

8) Well I spent muh 3 day weekend, workin and thinkin,and Ive come to the bottom line, screw NY, what I mean is Iam not gonna beg em,if it happens its going to be what I want or I ain't goin, I don't need them they need me!! Right!! Don't want to sound self indulged but Iam just as happy as a frog wif a mouth full O bugs right now!! I wrote a great slide song sat night Titled, Let me get some sleep!!cuz Iam leavin you in da morning!!Long Huh?? But what it meant for me was Iam startin to get a clear vision of my 3rd CD called[ Lets Move to da Moon,] Ive been dry the last 6 months no ideals, But this new National started talkin ta me Sat night, and she had some great ideals, We make a darn good team, So Iam Thinkin That Iam good right where Iam, I know it sounds crazy,, But dats Da Blues!! Nuttin makes sense!! when it does they call it Rock,
601blues
Regular

Postby 1four5 » Tue May 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Don't get too far away from making sense...I think they call that jazz :shock:
1four5
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 12:17 am

And sometimes things just take time. Especially when there is a lot involved and a lot of people involved. Don't give up - and blow it off - this is a lesson for you. You are learning so much if you just watch your reactions to each of the situations you can learn a lot about yourself. My friend was telling me today to think positive as in think the best and the best will be - however it turns out. I often have a hard time doing that. I don't want to get hurt or to be vulnerable and have that kind of helpless feeling like I am dependent on the outcome of something or someone. I hate that but I need to learn how to take these things in stride and stay on the up side. Not that you aren't. You have certainly used the time to create and think. I'm just sayin' (funny about the rock and jazz).
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 12:39 am

:shock: Yeah! you are right, I just heard that it looks like july for the record session, I will wait and see,just take it in stride, Iam the same way I refuse to depend on anything,I have always been that way, I do it myself, if its good then I can enjoy and if it fails then I know who is a fault,and the sad thing is I know exactly where it came from,and I don't know if I will ever be able to overcome that trait completly,but I have had some control over the later years,I am just goin on with life as planed, and if it comes around then I will make a decision at that point, its to iffy at this stage to decide on anything, But your Right Lori!!
601blues
Regular

Postby fat paul » Wed May 31, 2006 12:52 am

Sounds like you have a good handle on this. Thats the good thing about having been thru a buncha BS in your life, You get perspective.
fat paul
fat paul
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 1:00 am

Thanks, I love being right :lol: You know I'm kidding. I have the same troubles and like you said I may never be rid of it completely but acknowleging it and recognizing it so as not to react and blow the whole thing up. I talked to my sis today as we had some of the same pain growing up and she knows what I am talking about. You could have everything in the world at your fingertips and something will set something off for you and cause you extreme pain because of stuff that happened in the past. I felt today like I would do anything just to avoid the pain I was feeling it was so intense. When I started to try to trace my reaction to a situation that someone else might not even react to I realized what was going on and was able to try to keep on. But actually, I feel a sore heart right now. If I can get through this somehow without burying it again I might just be able to breakthrough and have what I have always wanted. If I stuff it and react and get defensive I will probably get what I have always gotten. Life challenges. This is the most painful day I've had in awhile. I am going to have to pray to move past this and not run.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 1:18 am

:? Yeah best thing is ta stand your ground, I my self am tried of runnin,I won't do that anymore, Iam very sorry your havin ta deal with thease Things, And Thanks Fat Paul,for your advice, But Lori I found out along time ago but that does not mean I can stop it, but if sometin good happens for me I want to share it, not that I want to brag,just want to share good news and feel like Ive done somphin but there is people that are Jealous and want to hurt you at that moment, so if they don't know they can't hurt you but I still tell anyway!!Gezz I dumb at times!!
601blues
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 1:39 am

I really know what you mean. But if you didn't share it, those of us who are happy for you and not jealous would not get to share in your good news. It's a hard thing to know what to do. It really gets you down when people are kinda mean. I really don't know what to do about that. And the fact that I am creative and sensitive and able to do things makes me all the more sensitive to the criticism and put downs of others. It's sad. My own dad was like that. He seemed to enjoy everyone else feeling down and he worked hard to make everyone feel bad and judged and controlled by him. The worst thing is now he is old and alone and in pain and there is no one who wants to be around him. We would have but he was so mean spirited. So when someone is happy and really doing something it makes me really happy. Cause that's me. I want to do it too. Maybe different from everyone else in my own way. But the deal is, whenever you put yourself out there and really try to do something with your heart and soul, yes, there are plenty who want to step on you and squash your enthusiasm and damn, if it doesn't hurt every time, but we must keep on and be brave and bear it. I have withdrawn many times and continue to do so as I accomplish and fulfill my dreams little by little. Sometimes that's what you have to do. Just to keep on. Keep it to yourself or only share it with those you KNOW are for you.
lorilu
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 31, 2006 1:41 am

I'm gonna tell you I am proud to be your friend and you know I will be there. I am FOR you and your success in whatever direction it takes. And these cool other dudes too.
lorilu
Regular

Postby 601blues » Wed May 31, 2006 1:55 am

:? Yup!! mean people really suck!! I was the same way all my family was caught up in money,and kissin each others butts,for the money,Iwas never interested in all that so I was the Black sheep,that was never going to amount to anything,and was NO GOOD! but I had more understanding and love of life and compassion for people around me,That I was actually a black sheep in there world, But friends are hard to come by thease days, If you have higher goals and a greater level of compassion as I see this great group, of people here have, then you are a threat to them, and must be cast off, Yes it hurts cause we would love to share with someone and have approval of the ones around us But they will point out flaws or anything negitive they can think of to bring you down, one little word is all it takes to make a diff,in the outcome of your dreams
601blues
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Wed May 31, 2006 2:43 am

Hang tuff LL! You've already made a HUGE step in recognizing that "If ya always do what ya always did, then you'll always get what ya always got"!
My own experience tells me that when dealin w/ stuff from the past ya gotta deal with it, discard it and break the cycle by not passing in on to those that are important to ya!
Yer a smart and spiritual lady and w/ time, God and alotta pain in da butt effort on yer part you WILL get through it IF ya so chose! Given it up to God is the easy part.... NOT taken it back is a bitch!
Yer in my thoughts and prayers darlin!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to About Gigs