Doggone it...

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Doggone it...

Postby allanlummox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:17 am

Couldn't find my car this morning - had to bum a ride to my Farmers Market gig.

Got home, called the city - car got towed. Between the impound fees and the ticket, slightly more than I made today.

Some days, you get the bear. Other days, the bear just wanders out of the woods and takes a bite out of your ass.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Doggone it...

Postby ricochet » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:29 am

Crap.
ricochet
Regular

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:50 am

Reminds me of an experience from Jazzfest this year.

I go to the Airport to puick up friends who are flying in from out of town. They get in the car and we head stright to the fest with all their belongings (laptops, clothes, ipods, etc) in the trunk. We park by the City park and walk to the fest. Have a great time. We walk back to the car...no car! I swear I was parked legally. I call the impound yard. Have to know the tag number...????WTF I figure it must be stolen anyway so I call the cops. they say to go on home and they will call me back to do a report over the phone. (NOPD is kind of a joke) We wait no call! The girl is freaking out because her business computer was in the car! She doesnt feel like going out. The rest of us say screw it and go out. Hear music for hours finally end up in a strip club in the quarter at about 2am. My cell rings...its NOPD! WTF?? I dont answer I mean I am drunk in a strip club...... LOL! The next morning I get my friends to check thier credit cards. Nothing has been charged! Good sign! I go to the impound yard and there my car is! 120 bucks they said I was parked too close to a crosswalk!! Anyway alls well that ends well I guess and we came up with a new word "Towlen" Thats when your car gets towed but you think it was stolen. LOL!
Slim
Regular

Postby mike932 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:55 am

Ever been to Chicago? A person needs a lawyer to interpret the parking signs. I learned my lesson, now it's public transportation when I travel.
mike932
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:59 am

Well, this was a pain - they had my car for a few days before I needed it, so the fee was a bit of a bite.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jaybee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:23 am

allanlummox wrote:Some days, you get the bear. Other days, the bear just wanders out of the woods and takes a bite out of your ass.

ricochet wrote:Crap.

well, THAT might change the bear's mind about the ass-biting bit :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jaybee
Regular

Return to About Gigs