Unplugged

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Unplugged

Postby maxx england » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Clive has decided to pack in playing on a regular rehearsal basis, since he's the singist, that means the band collapses. Hey ho. We did say, right at the start of our brief career as blues superstars, that any one of us had the right to walk away if it wasn't working for him. And Clive has his day job as a carpenter/builder whereas me & Moss are in the limbo of being old and jobless, so having time to do stuff without being knackered or having a wife saying "you're never at home, what about me, what about the kids?" etc.

Still, that gives me a reason to practice singing and then taking home brewed blues out and seeing if it works; just think bulldozer or freight train, I ain't ready to stop yet :mrgreen:
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unplugged

Postby jeffl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Best wishes for movin' on Maxx. Boy that's an old story isn't it...? I can remember when a band I was in during my early 20's started to buckle when the girlfriends and wives complained that we were rehearsing too often and too late into the morning. That was my first experience with family or job conflicts in band situations. I hope your local musican's scene has more potential replacements in it than our little market here in Minnesota. Sing well, bro'.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JakeyVimto » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:42 pm

Thats a shame Maxx, but its a great idea to put some time into singing anyway. It puts you in control and its good fun too.

Makes for more flexiblity too. You can go out and play whenever you decide to.

Good luck bud.

j
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:11 pm

..just caught up with this thread....

...sorry to hear about Clive having to take a break...

...best wishes to yourself and Moss though...how's Wayne getting on with the drums...?
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby maxx england » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 am

Fine, lack of practice over the last couple of years shows, but he'll get there. Chance of a new singer too, watch this space....
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Return to About Gigs