Busy Memorial day

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

Busy Memorial day

Postby oleman » Sun May 27, 2007 9:58 pm

This Memorial day weekend has been real busy for me and "the Catfish" and also the 4 piece we put together for larger venues. 4 nites in a row so far with beerjoints and private parties. And a small festival on Monday.

But what amazes me is how the "Blues" transcends all social and economic barriers. The yuppies with their Chardonnay seem to love us as much as the bikers with their Wild Turkey.

I have heard of "blues snobs" but I have yet to meet any. I guess if you love the music and are true to what the original writers had in mind; it's all good.
oleman
Regular

Postby texas blues » Mon May 28, 2007 4:05 am

Yuppies and bikers being social and having a good time? What's the world coming to now? You are having too good a time at what you love to do. Give me the rest of your gigs now. Seriously that's great to be playing steady with everyone diggin on it. Good on ya' Ole.
texas blues
Regular

Postby fat paul » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:13 am

Oleman, sounds like a great weekend. We played in Angelfire on saturday
and at Evangelo's in Santa Fe(right by the plaza) on sunday. Great night of drinkin, dancin & debauchery. Let me know where you are playing I'll come out to see you play
Fat Paul
fat paul
Regular

Return to About Gigs