More Exposure

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

More Exposure

Postby jeffl » Wed May 24, 2006 6:27 pm

I wandered into my music store yesterday and the owner-who fronts the best blues band in our town of about 100,000- told me that they're playin' the opening concert/dance of our week-long summer festival,and that he wanted me to play a set with 'em. This is the band that I've been workin' my chops up for during the last 2 years, since they've never had a harper. I was almost shocked that he brought it up,'cuz he's never heard me play live...he's heard me tryin' out amps in his store many times,and he's got alotta customers whom I've played with,so he only has 2nd hand information about me to go on. It's just another chance to get some exposure, hoping there'll be some other blues musicians in the crowd to hear these guys.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Wed May 24, 2006 7:02 pm

Great!
ricochet
Regular

Postby lightninboy » Wed May 24, 2006 8:54 pm

Well done Bubba!
lightninboy
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigdaddy » Wed May 24, 2006 11:12 pm

A bit of pressure ain't it? Steppin' into a gig with little time with the other players. I can't do it myself. I need practice. Are you gonna get some time with the band before steppin' up? I know most players are much better than I am and don't really need practice. I've always envied these people.
bigdaddy
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed May 24, 2006 11:26 pm

bigdaddy wrote:A bit of pressure ain't it? Steppin' into a gig with little time with the other players. I can't do it myself. I need practice. Are you gonna get some time with the band before steppin' up? I know most players are much better than I am and don't really need practice. I've always envied these people.
I'll have their CD to work with aheada time; plus,I've heard them play a buncha times. They've been in the studio and rehearsin' hard for about 3 years now,and they're all pros,so I'm not worried. The main thing I'm worried about is not trompin' on the B-3 player,since harp and organ share alotta tones,but I mostly have been gettin' my playin' in by jus' sittin' in with bands for a set or two, so I've learned not to worry,and I've developed an ear for fittin' in quickly. There should be about 3000 people there,and it's outdoors,and the frontman owns the sound company (equipment and techs),and he's a record producer,so, everything says it should be fine. If it ain't good,he'll jus' hide me or kick me off the stage. I'm sure he'll have me over for a rehearsal if I tell 'em I'm strugglin' with the tunes off the CD.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Thu May 25, 2006 2:59 am

congragulations bubba! You sure are getting around! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 1four5 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:48 pm

Hey this is awesome! When's it gonna happen?
1four5
Regular

Postby lorilu » Fri May 26, 2006 1:09 am

Right on, Bubba! Sounds like you're really prepared and will kick some butt up there. How fun! Record it if you can. Things are coming around for you, it seems like.
lorilu
Regular

Postby nizer » Fri May 26, 2006 1:11 am

Good fer you Bubba!
nizer
Regular

Return to About Gigs