First Gig with new band coming soon

Problems, how to get them, favorite songs to play, groupies, funky bar owners, etc. NO names of clubs, please.

First Gig with new band coming soon

Postby stratman_27 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:38 pm

We were asked to play for a 4th of July pig roast. I think we should be ready by then our repetoire consists of about 50-60 tunes so far and with the time remaining we should have them all pretty well polished by then. We also have a chance schedule permitting to be the opening act for a Sat night show in June but details haven't quite been worked out.

Looks like it might be a good summer. I like playing private parties and festivals better than beer joints and bars but thats just me.
stratman_27
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed May 17, 2006 8:52 pm

Good on ya' Stratman! That first possibility might be a good tune-up for the pigroast. I'm with ya' on the favorable alternatives to playin' bar gigs.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby oleman » Wed May 17, 2006 10:13 pm

Whoa, 50 or 60 tunes! My blues duo has to make do with 25. We just change keys and speed them up a little for the second set. Nobody seems to notice. I hear you about the bars and beerjoints as we only have 2 festivals so far. Sounds like you are going to have a great summer with the new group. Great!
oleman
Regular

Postby lorilu » Wed May 17, 2006 10:54 pm

Yup it looks like it's gonna be a really fun summer for you! I love parties and outdoor festivals. It's nice to be out as a change from the dark bar and late hours. Plus, a lot of other people that don't go to the clubs and bars get a chance to hear you and can hire you for more events. Congratulations!
lorilu
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed May 17, 2006 11:11 pm

Yeah, that sounds great, Stratman!
ricochet
Regular

Return to About Gigs