Dingleberry guitars

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Dingleberry guitars

Postby Sheb Whitebred » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 pm

2cfc_3.JPG
4c81_12.JPG
4a16_12.JPG

Okay, this is more of a rant than anything else. It's about these Blueberry guitars I've seen on ebay. Have you seen them? They are the gaudiest things I've ever seen. Is it just me, or is this just totally out of control ornamentation? I guess they have some wood carvers and inlay artists somewhere in Indonesia creating all this extravagance. To me, it's just hideous. Like a beautiful girl who has tattoos all over her.
Sheb Whitebred
Regular

Re: Dingleberry guitars

Postby boogiechillun85 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Well, I think women with tattoos are hot. But I know what you mean. I'd be too afraid of scratching the damn thing to play it.
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby NEONMOONY » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 pm

Well, it does look very,...Indian.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby LesFromChicago » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Maybe those carvings are not mere decorations, maybe... maybe they are magic channels to manipulate the acoustic vibrations into particular patterns... maybe they intermix subliminal vibrations with the acoustics,... maybe they have a controlled effect on listeners and/or performers ...

Or maybe the wood is so cheap and soft that it has lousy acoustic properties and those fancy carvings or stampings are the only thing that could keep the guitars moving in the market.
LesFromChicago
Regular

Postby ricochet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Dang! That stuff's almost as gaudy as a National with palm trees or roses on it! Or a Holland & Holland shotgun with those tacky scrolls engraved all over the lock!
ricochet
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:19 pm

ricochet wrote:Dang! That stuff's almost as gaudy as a National with palm trees or roses on it! Or a Holland & Holland shotgun with those tacky scrolls engraved all over the lock!

Hey, I like Nationals with the palm trees! And I love my old Ithaca pump shotgun with the neat birds and plants etched on the side! :lol:

I think the inlay looks good if it's done right, but not in that amount. Martin makes a couple neat looking acoustics with the inlay on the back and it looks nice.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues