I Need Some Feed Back In The Worst Of Ways

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

I Need Some Feed Back In The Worst Of Ways

Postby Bant's Bluz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks to Grady, I've started putting together the equipment to do home pc recording. The bummer is that the mixer I ordered is back ordered to late May or early June.

Yesterday I was talking to a buddy of mine out west and he said he had a Mackie CFX 20 mixer that, essentially, was mine for the asking. The problem is, I'm so new at this I don't know if that mixer is appropriate for pc recording as well as, if it is, I haven't a clue what type of cable I would need to interface the mixer to my mic input port on my pc!!!!!!

Can anybody give me some advice?
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Re: I Need Some Feed Back In The Worst Of Ways

Postby grady » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:13 am

Did you get my email Doc ???
grady
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Got it Grady and responded. Sorry for the delayed response. I can't believe what a fortunate turn of events this is!!!!!!
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby Troubleman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Doc wrote:Thanks to Grady, I've started putting together the equipment to do home pc recording. The bummer is that the mixer I ordered is back ordered to late May or early June.

Yesterday I was talking to a buddy of mine out west and he said he had a Mackie CFX 20 mixer that, essentially, was mine for the asking. The problem is, I'm so new at this I don't know if that mixer is appropriate for pc recording as well as, if it is, I haven't a clue what type of cable I would need to interface the mixer to my mic input port on my pc!!!!!!

Can anybody give me some advice?

You've latched on to the proper gear-junkie guide.
Grady'll lead you there... :mrgreen:

jb
Troubleman
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Well, as it turned out, I got notice that the mixer I had ordered was shipped Monday! My buddy's mixer was such a generous offer, but it was way, way out of my knowledge base and needs. So.......................I called my Bud and declined!
If anyone is looking for a mid 90's Mackie CFX20 mixer I know where one can be had that is in pristine condition!
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Postby Bournio » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:17 pm

shame I'm over the pond! i'm after a mixer, my simple homebuilt one's died a death
Bournio
Regular

Postby CashWiley » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Of course this past year when I'm broke from buying and fixing up my house, there are gear deals everywhere. I'm curious as to the asking price, as I need one for my nascent studio, though I already know it'll be too much :(
CashWiley
Regular

Postby Bant's Bluz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 pm

Cash, check your pm's.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues