Wish me luck

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Wish me luck

Postby guitarslim101 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:54 pm

I can't stand the tiny little frets on my old Airline anymore, so I'm going to refret it at work today with some jumbo frets. Hopefully it'll all go well, but it's a bound neck, which will just mean extra work, and there isn't an adjustable truss rod so hopefully it won't warp.

And I haven't been around for a while, busy with school and work and the lady, but I think I'll be on a bit more again.
guitarslim101
Regular

Re: Wish me luck

Postby ricochet » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Good luck!
ricochet
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:15 am

I have no fear working on my guitars, but that seems like a scary task. Best of luck!
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby guitarslim101 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:21 am

I got all the frets in (had a bit of a challenge getting a few to stay), so all that's left now is leveling, dressing, etc. Should be good as new tomorrow.
guitarslim101
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:30 am

guitarslim101 wrote:I can't stand the tiny little frets on my old Airline anymore, so I'm going to refret it at work today with some jumbo frets. Hopefully it'll all go well, but it's a bound neck, which will just mean extra work, and there isn't an adjustable truss rod so hopefully it won't warp.

And I haven't been around for a while, busy with school and work and the lady, but I think I'll be on a bit more again.
You will do alright mate, And who knows you may love the jumbo frets better I know I do on my SG.
Derekslide
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues