MACKIE RUMOR CONTROL UPDATE

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

MACKIE RUMOR CONTROL UPDATE

Postby Bant's Bluz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:45 pm

I just contacted Loud Technologies regarding the issue of Mackie going "belly up"!

The representative I spoke with said that this is, in fact, a rumor and it started after the company laid off some employees, as well as the issue with the change in their stock market position.

The bottom line is that Mackie isn't going down the tubes. Part of this rumor was fueled by the out of stock/back orders that exist, but that was contributed soley to a manufacturer/supply issue, that has since been resolved.

So, presuming the individual I spoke with is being forth right, it would appear there is no foundation for the rumor.

Hope this is of some small help.
Bant's Bluz
Regular

Re: MACKIE RUMOR CONTROL UPDATE

Postby jeffl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm

I shouldn't even say this, 'cuz it's just a wild guess, but it smells slightly of a situation where the company's financing is gettin' held up and they're havin' trouble gettin' parts. There's always "deniability" in those scenarios.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BobHolland » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:57 am

I'm glad to hear that Mackie is doing well. They make some really good sound equipment & their history of quality goes way back to the Tapco mixers we used way back in the mid 70's. 8)
Bob
BobHolland
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:46 pm

They are probably doing just fine ( or as well as could be expected in this economy) however, it's not like they would tell you if you called them up. Sometimes the employees don't even know what's going on until they read it in the paper. The Board would sit on that as best they could while they planned their strategy and shopped for a way out.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby CashWiley » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm

A publicly-traded company is not going to give away critical inside info to someone who cold-calls them!
CashWiley
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues